junk

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

bobanglesey

junk

Postby bobanglesey » Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 pm

Hi team, joined up here to sell the junk of my 1100s and gleaning enough information to build a proper bike.
I hate the quality of these bikes, micro wiring, stupid exhaust, rubbish coving, indifferent suspension, rubbish disk brakes, mouldy metal, poor quality rear drive that self destructs and thick crap paint all over the engine, christ what a mess these bike are.
But I love the engine and am looking forward to track use.
Bob (making no friends probably).

Hay Ewe^

Re: junk

Postby Hay Ewe^ » Wed May 24, 2017 12:52 am

I will be your friend, just to sit back and watch this project develop.

fontana

Postby fontana » Thu May 25, 2017 12:11 pm

Lot's of people neglect their bikes, and then blame anyone and anything but themselves.

SP250

Postby SP250 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:25 pm

Bob

You will need to make really sure you want to use the boxer as a trackday tool, as with any half decent tyres on it they are supremely stable in long fast corners.
But, they steer slowly and you will expend twice the physical energy trying not to get blown away by any Jap 600's.
You won't keep up with a 600 on the straights either.
Lastly, they deck the cylinder heads even when you climb off them, which lifts the rear wheel and you realise that adrenaline is brown when you are on full opposite lock. They will however, outbrake most bikes, if you have the cohonas to smoke the front tyre (without ABS).

I changed to a GSXR 1000 for the 'Ring and trackdays, which was so much faster and nearly relaxing because nothing touches down, I could concentrate on where I was going. Would hate for you to do all the work and then be disappointed.
John M

Return to “New Trixters?”