*Sigh* Not another BMW!!

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

JayDee1942

*Sigh* Not another BMW!!

Postby JayDee1942 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Hi folks
This is JayDee from sunny Cambridgeshire in the UK. I have just bought my mates ridiculously grotty R1100S, that has covered a ridiculously high mileage, for a ridiculously small amount of loot! My second Boxer.

The first was a R100 ex-police bike that had suffered a shunt and destroyed the plastic. Had it for about 3 years, it did everything asked of it, no fuss no bother and I became bored with it. (OK! I was young and stupid!). Anyways, it went to one of my son in law(s) who added another 50K to its existing 100K. He sold it on to a local ‘hairy’ he chopped it and apparently loved it! Who knows now....

The R1100S arrived in a somewhat odd fashion. My mate commutes vast distances summer and winter in his work, but apart from service intervals, carries out zero general maintenance. He obviously rated the Eleven as getting a tad ‘too old for the job’ and re-equipped with a Kawa 14 (Aggggh!).
He phoned me recently, to ask if he could store the Eleven at my place pending sale, not a problem was my reply. I did say though, if he left it with me for too long, I would probably want to buy it myself. (I think this might have been his plan all along).
Eventually this grotty monster arrived on a trailer; looked like it had just finished a particularly wet and sh***y ‘Paris to Dakar’.

Sitting there in my garden, it was sobbing its heart out...... “Clean me! – Clean me!” A solid day’s work and one side of it was sort of recognisable as a bike. But, oh dear, my prediction was coming true, I sent a text suggesting a really silly purchase price, he upped it by a stupidly small amount (!) and I replied ‘Done’. My second Boxer, thinking about it, actually my third, I also own a Porsche Boxster!

My biking misadventures ----- BSA M21 sidecar outfit – Two 3 pot 2T Kawa’s 350cc and 750cc – 2T 500 Suzi – The R100 - Three road race sidecar outfits – Three Kawa’s ZX10 (the old one), ZXR9, and a ZZR11 – Present love, a Aprila RSV thou.

Happy riding to you all ........... JayDee

dave the german

Re: *Sigh* Not another BMW!!

Postby dave the german » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Welcome to the nut house
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:10 am

Welcome. Post some pictures when you have cleaned both sides :wink:

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:53 pm

That post was interesting, it reminded me of a radio jocks "our tunes" or the latest one where everyone is asked to condemn or forgive an action... up until you started waving your cock about what shed you drive about in :wink: Welcome to Boxertrix :)

I love my fiat panda!

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “New Trixters?”