hi from staffs

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

nick62

hi from staffs

Postby nick62 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:35 pm

just saying hello
ive just brought brought a 2002 frost blue 11s after getteing bitten by the boxer bug last yaer when i became the proud owner of a r nine t.

the 11s is(was) in ok condition and i purchased to ride during the winter months, there was a few corroded nuts and bolt here and there so i decided to strip the bodywork off, replace and refinish a few items and generally check over. this is where my sickness kicked in, on taking the tank off a realised the abs had been removed the abs/battery tray has been paint stripped and gone slightly corroded. That and the rear subframe have gone to be blasted
and powder coated. I have taken the exhaust off after dremeling the corroded pins on the cat. The studs in the head have corroded that much that there is little threads left on them, so its going to be fun and games to get the studs out fo heads in one piece.
The engine paint under the heads, the sump and the front cover is bubbled slightly but it actualy has come away much further with corrosion/oxidation spreading much further under paint, so im planning the repaint the engine which means taking more parts off :roll: :roll:

Been checking previous posts for information, and would like to thank all the poster for sharing lots of invaluable info :D

popsky

Re: hi from staffs

Postby popsky » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:36 pm

Welcome along to our little corner of the www

It’s amazing how many new 11s owners buy the bike to be winter ride and then seem to fall in love and do them up, nowt wrong with that though, good luck with the restoration :D
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

dave the german

Re: hi from staffs

Postby dave the german » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:32 pm

Welcome along - I'm doing the same with my BCR
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike