just joined

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

donatelo

just joined

Postby donatelo » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:04 pm

Hi everybody I've just this minute joined after reading of your site while reading a guy's blog on the Bm club site forum,I bought a 1999 1100s 5 weeks ago and after the first weekend of riding have been stuck in work since due to the jolly old steel works here in port talbot blowing another hole in the blast furnace but did manage to put near 1000ml on it including the ride home from dealers in that time ,damn me but it's addictive,had k100rs an a r100gs years ago but this is very different and some.The bike is immaculate with touring panniers,abs ,centre stand,higher screen and bars ,hugger and few bits an bobs,looked at the last MOT on it an the previous owner clocked up a huge 456mls in a year I mean what's the point in that the years earlier were only a little higher,well each to his own.Can anyone tell me the best place to mount the sat nav and how,I got mine on left bar an not too happy with that ,would prefer somewhere central,well thanks all for reading .Don
just do it

herrman
Trixter Tour Manager

Postby herrman » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:09 pm

Wellcome to the Madhouse that is Boxertrix Don, Sure that someone will be along shortly to answer your GPS mounting issues.

Regards Peter.

donatelo

just joined

Postby donatelo » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:19 pm

Thanks peter,Im sure there's plenty of know how out there ,me ?well I'm new to sat nav thingy's and had great fun taking bit's off of unfamilliar bike while trying to connect thing's up in semi dark garage but oh the joy when it spoke to me,reminded me of my ex a bit thou ,allways telling me what to do :) Don
just do it

throttlemeister

Postby throttlemeister » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:21 pm

Welcome Don. About GPS, this is my solution:

andrew s

Postby andrew s » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:24 pm

Welcome Don,

So Port Talbot is still going, my dad used to look after the blast furnaces some years ago.

Do a search on GPS fitting, or PM Blackal as he can get hold of some good kit.

Andrew :roll:
Last edited by andrew s on Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A man can fall many times in life but is never a failure until he refuses to get up

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:24 pm

Welcome to our small corner of the www Don - and glad to see someone keeping the end up for the good ol' 11 ;)

Loads of truly great folk on this board - and plenty of info to browse at your leisure.

donatelo

just joined

Postby donatelo » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:54 pm

Well thanks all,strange how simple a solution seem's after seeing a picture,thanks Throttlemeister,and yep the steel works is still going,no thank's to me :) the blast ain't a nice place to work so your dad had it hard years back,and I'll keep an eye out for gadget's from other members,got the bug now,can't wait for some decent weather to try handling out in far an foriegn places ,did Poland an Belgium,Germany on my Guzzi last June ,3 weeks of bliss and Lord them Polish women, wow,Don
just do it

Steve W

Postby Steve W » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:53 pm

Don
used the replacement brake Reservoir cover and ram mounts.
http://www.ram-mount-uk.com/bike-mount34.htm
Good viewing position, but the Garmin mount suffered a little due to the amount of vibration throught the handlebars (the holes in the bottom of the 2610 are wearing). Maybe that was just my bike and the milage (10,000mile of virtualy continous use.

If the bike had not been written off I was planning on re-mounting the unit using the a RAM b272 mount via a an extra long replacement bolt for one of the handle bar clamp bolts
http://www.ram-mount-uk.com/ram-b-272.htm

Steve

snavetrauts

Postby snavetrauts » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:34 pm

Also do a search on Quest and its fitting.. plenty of items and pictures.. cheers and welcome

Stuart
.......~ ~
....-(@ @)-
ooO-(__)-Ooo

Ride due west to the sunset, turn left at the Rocky Mountains. (Jeremiah Johnson)

R1100S 2003. The Fast Colour. G650 Xchallenge 2008. F650CS Black 2003 SWMBO

Return to “New Trixters?”