Hi from a new member + Laser exhaust enquiry

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Holly

Hi from a new member + Laser exhaust enquiry

Postby Holly » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:33 pm

Hi, I am a brand new member of Boxertrix.com. Really chuffed to find so many other people that share my passion for these bikes - my mates have Duc's, Blades & HD's and they thought I was bonkers when I took the plunge to BMW :(
I bought my '05 R1100S from BMW Wollaston's (Northampton) about 2 years ago and have loved every mile since. I have a fairly stock bike but with the sports chassis, carbon hugger, h/grips and clear DI's... :D
I am thinking of adding a bit of character to the bike and would like to buy Laser slip on mufflers (leaving the cat on - no chipping req'd) but am having difficulty tracking down a UK dealer where I can take a look at the finished articles to check out build quality and appearance. Does anyone know a UK dealer where I can pop in and take a look before I take the £400 plunge :?:

bigblackfalco

Postby bigblackfalco » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:37 pm

Hi and welcome to the group.Your best bet would be to hook up with someone in your locality who has a Laser fitted to their bike. There are a few, so it's just a question of being patient.
I think you've got little chance of seeing one in action in a dealers.
Bailey.
Honda VFR750 FV 1997 Red and dirty, 130K miles.

Honda VFR800 Xf Crossrunner 2016 White and dirty, 120K miles.

RoLoo

Re: Hi from a new member + Laser exhaust enquiry

Postby RoLoo » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:20 pm

Holly wrote:...passion...

...just give it some time...
...before you know it, it will become some sort of addiction... :wink:
Have a nice day !
Ron.

R1200S + R1200RT
(RoLoo as in RowLow...)

Black Knight

Postby Black Knight » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:42 pm

Addiction is what outcasts have. :(

:lol:

throttlemeister

Postby throttlemeister » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:32 pm

I thought S riders were outcasts? :D

I mean GSXRCBRYZF riders snif at us for not riding a proper sportsbike and BMW riders snif at us for not riding a proper long range bike. And we snif at all of em for being stupid. :D

RoLoo

Postby RoLoo » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:21 pm

...yep...!
...snif...

...but lads...Holly here asked you UK guys a question...
...I gave'm the Boxertrix link ; maybe you could give'm an answer...

...please...
Have a nice day !

Ron.

R1200S + R1200RT

(RoLoo as in RowLow...)

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:05 pm

Holly - welcome to the group. :)

andrew s

Postby andrew s » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:28 am

Holly,

Happy New Year and welcome to the site.

There are plenty of pic's of bikes with Laser systems fitted on the Boxerpix pages. As bigblackfalco said, ask a close member to yourself who has a Laser system to pop over and say, Hi.

You could also come along to the Boxertrix meet in April or the Burton meet up later on, then you should be able to see a few 1100S with all sorts of mods.

If you are after an exhaust system then don't narrow it down to just the Laser, Staintune do a nice system as well. Keep an eye out on the bits for sale page or place a post asking if anybody has a systm for sale.

Andrew :roll:
A man can fall many times in life but is never a failure until he refuses to get up

Harry

Postby Harry » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:18 am

Hi Holly,
I'm based in Northampton now so let me know if you fancy a ride out sometime.
I'm running standard cans on a Y-piece at the moment but the c/f Two Brothers Racing cans will be going back on soon.

You might like to consider the Y-piece only option as a starter. No chipping needed, saves a load of weight from losing the Cat and frees up the motor and enhances the noise - though admitedly not to the same level as the TBR cans!

Harry.

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:37 pm

Hi Holly, welcome aboard and happy New Year. That goes for everyone else also.

I am in the same situation as you with a bog standard 2002 BCR in need of some 'tinkerin'.
Based on the extensive experience of the other Trixters, it would seem that the most cost effective upgrade for the 1100S is to remove the cat by fitting a Y piece (Remus seems to be popular choice but they are also available from Laser, Staintune and several others. Apparently this mod requires no other modification such as chip, etc and makes a marked difference to the the way the bike goes and sounds.

As a result I have recently bought said Y piece from Motorworks (£165) but as bike is currently due an MOT I am waiting to get that done before i fit it just in case there is an issue with zorst gasses!!

As soon as I get it on I'll let you know the results.

cheers

Greg
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

soggybottoms

Postby soggybottoms » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:40 pm

Hi Hollie.

I have the Staintune 2-2-2 system and a few other mods. Lemme know if you wanna meet over at Stratford or if you're a fan of greasy spoons and not into Swan abuse, there's always http://www.boxertrix.com/MeetingPlaces/ ... cester.htm

and as Harry is now also N'pton based (as am I for my sins), maybe he'd turn up also?

Harry

Postby Harry » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:43 pm

Hi Soggy. I'll be around. I went to Jacks the last time the shandy drinkers headed north. Trouble is it's hardly far enough to get the bike warmed up!
Stratford sounds more like it. We may even find the Brum Mafia over there....

Holly

Postby Holly » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:00 pm

Thanks guys for the breadth of information you have given me..... Lasers, Motorworks Y pieces, TBR Cans, Staintune ... hell, there's a whole new language of bits and tricks I need to learn now !!!! :?

Meeting up some time sounds a good plan but I guess we should let the salt clear first (.....does that sound a bit whimpy to you lot !) :wink:

Thanks again and I'll let you know which way I chose.

Best Wishes

Holly..........

johnl

Postby johnl » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:16 pm

if adding laser/remus/staintune cans, K&N etc you should probably look at either chipping the bike or fitting a power commander and get some dyno time.

I only have a remus y piece fitted as I can not afford to spend lots of money and time on the power commander which is, I believe, the only way to truly get the bike running efficiently when adding aftermarket tune up bits. Opinion may vary. :wink:

Holly

Postby Holly » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:12 pm

Nu2beemers (Greg) raises a good point about MOT exhaust emissions. While I'm still a year away from my first ever bike MOT visit, do they check exhaust tailpipe emissions and is it possible that the bike could fail if you have replaced your cat with a Y piece but everything else is in good working order ?

Best Wishes

Holly..........

Return to “New Trixters?”