Newby

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

SteveH

Newby

Postby SteveH » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:43 am

Hi, all, I've spent a little time browsing the site (good comedy value and lots of good tech info...who needs more?) and I just wanted to introduce myself. Steve, 56 living in sunny(?!) semirural Northants and the happy owner of a pretty standard 2001 frost blue R1100S. And (whisper it) a 10 yr old Y*maha XT600E too. I'm looking forward to good conversation with and maybe meeting up with other Trixters sometime.
Steve

Ruffy

Postby Ruffy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:40 am

:D :D Welcome steve,youv'e chosen a nice bike there, the S and the 600 as well,we'll certainly have to meet up as were only a county apart(leics) and compare bikes,did you buy the S from a dealer and if so was it expensive?
ruffy

Cliff

Postby Cliff » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:00 am

Welcome Steve - norf or sarf northants?

Cliff
nn6

SteveH

Postby SteveH » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:42 pm

Hi, guys and thanks for the welcome. Ruffy, we should indeed meet up, once the rain clears, and Cliff, I live in Great Doddington, which is not too far from you, I think. About the bike...yes, bought from Wollaston BMW in Northampton for about 5.5k, if I remember correctly, but I'm trying to blot it out! Very low mileage (just under 9k now) possibly because the XT is nearer to the garage door! :)
Steve

soggybottoms

Postby soggybottoms » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:07 pm

Seems we're getting a few Trixters in NNshire and the surrounds.

We must organise a bacon butty fest.

hjr1100s

Re: Newby

Postby hjr1100s » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:33 pm

SteveH wrote:... a 10 yr old Y*maha XT600E too. I'm looking forward to good conversation with and maybe meeting up with other Trixters sometime.

BTW you can say Yamaha but you defenitely can't say H*nda.

The XT600 is as much a 'real'bike as you can imagine, nothing to be ashamed of. I still have warm feelings for a SRX600 I once owned. Loved it, hated it, loved it again, hated it even more, and almost cried when it went ...... sence over sentiment .... and next thing I knew, I was riding a metallic baby blue BMW K100RS :shock: (at least it was reliable).

HJ

SteveH

Postby SteveH » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:02 am

hjr1100s wrote

BTW you can say Yamaha but you defenitely can't say H*nda.

Thanks for the explanation of the house rules HJ :D

soggybottoms wrote

Seems we're getting a few Trixters in NNshire and the surrounds.

We must organise a bacon butty fest.

Do I take it this means there is no regular Sunday rideout in this area? I seem to recall elsewhere on this site that Jack's Hill cafe is mentioned as a meeting point
Steve

Return to “New Trixters?”