Gutten Tag

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

timbox2

Gutten Tag

Postby timbox2 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:57 am

Hi everyone, Just bought my first Boxer, actually first ever BMW, a 2000 Model R1100s, bog standard at present, not for long, but absolutely loving it, picked it up Saturday and have done close to 400 miles already, dunno why I didnt buy one before, probably the old man image, anything but arent they?
Gave a guy on a Fireblade a shock yesterday through the twisties, yep he was quicker, but not by much, and yes he f... off when the straight came, but I didnt want to go any faster anyway.

hope to get to know a few of you in the coming months, I will be asking questions and hope I can contribute as well, cheers for now

Tim
---------------------------

Me-109

Postby Me-109 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:59 am

Welcome on board. So many views already and no cheery welcomes - makes me ashamed of my fellow board-ers.

Probably something to do with having one of those old 1100 tractors; we're a diminishing population round here. :(

Dog Tyred

Postby Dog Tyred » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:23 pm

Welcome Timbox.

Loads of info available on here, if you can be arsed to look. So much easier to just ask the question again :wink:

I quite often give Fireblades a shock....usually as I'm travelling slowly on their line :oops:

Anyway, enjoy the new bike.

Nu2
Ride like your life depended on it.

2002 BCR

SteveH

Welcome

Postby SteveH » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:29 pm

Hello, Timbox2, and welcome. As well as useful tech advice, you will also be able to get some ideas by seeing how other forum members have modded their Ss.
Steve

hjr1100s

Re: Gutten Tag

Postby hjr1100s » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:18 pm

timbox2 wrote:....picked it up Saturday and have done close to 400 miles already, dunno why I didnt buy one before, probably the old man image, anything but arent they?
Gave a guy on a Fireblade a shock yesterday through the twisties, yep he was quicker, but not by much, and yes he f... off when the straight came, but I didnt want to go any faster anyway.

Tim

Just wait 'till you get used to it ... the only problem you'll have: to decide whether to pass him inside or outside ... :D

Welcome to the joys of S'dom.

HJ

andrew s

Postby andrew s » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:06 pm

Welcome fellow countryman (assuming you are Welsh) as I myself live in Scotland.

Hope you have a great stay with us and get your 1100S blinged out soon.

Andrew :roll:
A man can fall many times in life but is never a failure until he refuses to get up

timbox2

Postby timbox2 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:29 pm

Thanks all for the welcome, andrew, no not welsh, ex pat cockney from Sarf London, but soon to be moving to your part of the country, Aberdeenshire to be exact.

anyway thanks again all, ive got questions already and will try to find the correct place for them
---------------------------

Stevie

Postby Stevie » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:04 pm

timbox2 wrote:Thanks all for the welcome, andrew, no not welsh, ex pat cockney from Sarf London, but soon to be moving to your part of the country, Aberdeenshire to be exact.

anyway thanks again all, ive got questions already and will try to find the correct place for them

Welcome from me also Timbox2.

When you get to Aberdeenshire, you will quickly realise that it's nowhere near Fife.......in fact it's nowhere near anywhere really :D

Whereabouts exactly? I like Aberdeenshire, but it is, well, different.
In hiatus from motorcycles.

big rob

Postby big rob » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:02 pm

Tim,
Welcome to the world of 1100S, they're quirky, weird & wonderfull all at the same time!!
Enjoy your new bike. :lol:

leasky

Postby leasky » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:55 am

Hello Timbox2. Welcome to the mad-house!

Good to hear you are heading up to Gods country. I am actually a Shetlander but currently living in Aberdoom for my sins. When are you moving up? There are some cracking roads around here for you to explore and also a couple of fellow Trixters to help you exploit them. :D

I shall supply my details via a PM to you.

Hope to catch-up soon.

Kindest regards,

Leasky.

andrew s

Postby andrew s » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:05 pm

As everybody knows Gods country is Wales.

Andrew :roll:
A man can fall many times in life but is never a failure until he refuses to get up

Return to “New Trixters?”