Hi Everyone, great to be here!

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Helmet Dahn

Hi Everyone, great to be here!

Postby Helmet Dahn » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:30 pm

Been introduced to this forum and its now my pleasure to be part of it!
My intro to the world of the 1100s came via a mate who had just bought one followed by an impulsive Ebay purchase at 3 am (no, I'm not that sad, I copped a night shift!!). The bike was a 34k miler with a bit (to say the least) of a poor cosmetic job done by the previous owner. It had been left standing for 6 months, no mot/tax, the rear tyre was a slick and my first sight of it was with all the plastic off as the seller was trying to start it. It was frightening.
However, I stuck around until he'd started it, oh, I forgot to mention the Laser pipes, it burst into life and I thought "YES".

First thoughts were "this vibrates a lot, is it normal?" I now realise it is.
Second thought was as I rode home "these lights are crap, is it normal?" I now realise it is!

So guys and gals, can you help me, not with the vibes cos that seems to come with the territory, BUT WITH THE LIGHTS, they are not good. Has anyone got any good ideas other than chew some more carrots.
Cheers

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:13 am

Welcome HD,

The answer to your poor lights is an HID kit. Lots of folks on here have fitted them and can give you advice.

The vibration is part of the "character" of the bike but a lot of it can be dialled out by proerly adjusting the valves and throttle bodies.

Where abouts in the world are you? There might be some local trixters who can come over and give you a hand.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

nab 301

Re: Hi Everyone, great to be here!

Postby nab 301 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:45 pm

Helmet Dahn wrote:Been introduced to this forum and its now my pleasure to be part of it!
Second thought was as I rode home "these lights are crap, is it normal?" I now realise it is!

So guys and gals, can you help me, ,WITH THE LIGHTS, they are not good. Has anyone got any good ideas other than chew some more carrots.
Cheers

As Paul says ,,a HID conversion to the dip beam(H1) is all you need . You won't believe the difference.
Nigel B

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

Helmet Dahn

Thanks

Postby Helmet Dahn » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:26 pm

Thanks for the advice, I'll get to to grips with the lights first and then dig out the feeler gauges etc.

Cliff

Postby Cliff » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:22 pm

gauges?

shurely sum mistacke

Man-of-Mystery

Postby Man-of-Mystery » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:55 am

Lasers do sound good on an 1100S. Welcome to the fraternity.

M-o-M
07 R1200S

Love your enemies - it'll drive the bastards crazy!

Return to “New Trixters?”