Hello from Connecticut

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

D Man

Hello from Connecticut

Postby D Man » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:08 am

I just bought a '01 R1100S with 14,000 miles on the clock. Stainless fasteners throughout, jet coated headers, Z-Technik pipe and cans, Auto-Com system, Garmin Street Pilot, City Panniers. Handling and braking (ABS) is truly amazing compared to my '82 R100CS, although the old beemer is way more smooth running. The fuel mileage is down too, 42mpg for the CS, now 34mpg with the S. A price to pay for the increased performance right? Well, I hope you don't mind a Yank joining the ranks here. Great site!

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:23 am

Welcome D Man,

As long as you don't throw any more tea into Boston harbour, we'll get along just fine :wink:

Enjoy your S. It sounds like it's pretty much sorted and ready to go. If you have the urge to upgrade and improve, a set of fancy shock absorbers (ohlins, wilbers etc.) looks to me like your most promising choice. If it's not running as smoothly as you like, try synchronising the throttle bodies, adjusting the valves and possibly replacing the petrol/gas filter.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

D Man

Postby D Man » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:25 am

Paul, Thanks for the welcome and the advice about the carbs and valves.
I'm thinking my first "accessory" purchase will be a Twin Max carb sync tool. Will I notice a huge change with the fancy shocks? Handles great with the stock setup. Thanks again! D Man

Return to “New Trixters?”