Just joined

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

biker_uk

Just joined

Postby biker_uk » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:27 am

Hi All,

i have just bought an R1150RS, not new and not that young but im sure it will serve well on my daily bash from the wilds of Glos to Bristol :-)

Looking forward to many happy miles on it and to learning from all you guys and your experiences.

Cheers

Nick

pbikerharry

Postby pbikerharry » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:35 pm

Welcome nick
I am a newish one myself but you will find us all friendly enough .

Pete :D

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:39 pm

Welcome Nick. The R1150RS was/is a capable, if somewhat "aesthetically challenged" machine. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with it.

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

timbox2

Re: Just joined

Postby timbox2 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:07 pm

biker_uk wrote:Hi All,

i have just bought an R1150RS, not new and not that young but im sure it will serve well on my daily bash from the wilds of Glos to Bristol :-)

Looking forward to many happy miles on it and to learning from all you guys and your experiences.

Cheers

Nick

Hi Mate, I quite often do the other way, well South Wales actually to Gloucester, we may pass one day

Welcome, Ive not tried an RS myself, but I think thats the bike that consistantly won an award in some bike mag
---------------------------

davida67

Postby davida67 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:11 pm

Hi Nick

I'm new to Boxertrix too. I have a R1100RS that I use everyday. I must admit I think the RS is a great bike. It really can handle anything - track days, commuting, holidays etc. and it's looks do grow on you! Mine's just coming 'round to 78k with no problems (famous last words). Hope you have as much fun with yours.
"It's just a ride!"

darkness

Postby darkness » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:46 pm

Hi Nick

Being the owner of both a 1100S and a 1150RS, I have to say that both bikes meet the needs of every day use. but the RS will eat the miles with its large tank and relaxed ride, while the 11S will do it with style with a stop or too.

Both great bikes,

enjoy

Darkness

BMWR1150RS

Postby BMWR1150RS » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:19 pm

Welcome to the site as someone who has had a R1150rs and a R1100rs both of which spent a lot of time on the continent I always said that they were under rated machines. Having said that my current steed R1200R is a revelation. A good real world all round machine. Handling ride and comfort a big improvement on the RS's. But it lacks image. When its powered out of a corner the S guys are a little nonplussed by the acceleration in the mid ranges but it runs out a little at the top end.

PS I removed the pipe rack and slipper holder
Alan

biker_uk

The RS so far

Postby biker_uk » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:11 pm

Hi all and thanks for the welcome.

Afew thoughts about the beast

One is the RS is great on the M/way, just cruising along at a steady 80 or so and just the right amount of wind to lift some weight off my hands :-)

Its not as comfy at prolonged low speeds (which i try to avoid, but commuting is the name of the game so some of it has to be done) this is because Im 6'2" I have the seat right down and the bars right back this gives me the least wieght on the bars but i still get a bit too much pressure on the hands.

Maybe ill get/make some risers?. (anyone else seen/uses these?)

Anyway, lovely gearbox (for a boxer) a mechanically quiet engine that pulls strongly, really nice suspension and "round the corners on rails" road holding.

Oh and Servo assited ABS braking, nice!

Did i mention the heated grips?, luxury!

All in all very pleased, i already have my next years euro trip planned and i reckon the bike will be great for doing it.

Cheers all

Nick

Return to “New Trixters?”