I suppose I should stop lurking.

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Bolle

I suppose I should stop lurking.

Postby Bolle » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:00 am

Hey guys, let me start with a big thank you. So many of you have helped me out already while I lurked this forum over the past month since I bought my bike.

I'll start out by saying, since I started riding in '02 the R1100S was my first choice, but finding one for less then $10k American was a bit difficult. Yes, I'm a Yank, so sorry about that guy in the white house; just remember most of us didn't vote for him the first go round. :roll:

Anyways, you should see plenty of banter from me since I'll be wrenching it up. The nearest dealer to me is an hour and a half away. So unless I absolutely need to I'll be doing the work myself. Already did a 6k full service just in case the former owner was fibbing on how well he maintained. Which seeing as the oil level was not even in the sight glass I am glad I did.

Here is a picture of my new pride and joy just for kicks. Sadly it's not one of the checkered paint schemes or the b-cup replica *drool* but it's still easy on the eye.

timbox2

Postby timbox2 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:09 am

hi mate, Ive already replied to your MPG post anyway but welcome to the forum, know how you feel , i never voted for Blair, or Brown, then again nobody did for Brown, did anyone for Blair?

Like your steed, looks very steedy, with the Brown saddle, a Corbin??

and you can tell a USA bike by the lack of crud and peeling on the engine casings and fork legs, looks mint.
---------------------------

Bolle

Postby Bolle » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:15 am

thank ya thank ya.

Yup, its a Corbin. Actually, maybe the issue with the MPG is weight. That seat is a damned boat anchor. I like the color, matches her eyes... errr turn signals. But I actually figured I would wear the Corbin out first. I switch back the the stock for anytime I think I might hit a twisty. :wink:

Really, paint issues with the Euro bikes? Thats a lot of sucks. Yeah. only paint issue I have is where the former owner bumped her into a wall taking her out of a shed. :(

Harry

Postby Harry » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:10 pm

Welcome to the forum Bolle. Just go easy on any paints schemes eh? :D :D :D

There was a fella on here a few years back from over your side (bald eagle or mountain eagle or summat) and he got right pissed off when a number of people all slagged off his new paint job. and to be honest a 5 year old could've done better. Nothing wrong with your bike as it is mate!!
he crashed and never came on the forum again as I recall.

as for paint issues over here, its more to do with the environmentally friendly BMW paint on the fork legs that are totally unable to deal with UK winters and the salt they chuck on the raods.....

iandunn1100ss

Postby iandunn1100ss » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:04 pm

hi chap and welcome ,the best colour i feel :wink:
some guys on here call it primer but i like the frost blue what ever they say :P
ian
Bmw r1100s 02 frost blue,bmw r1100s 03 blue,Yamaha tmax500 03 silver
Honda fireblade rrx 98 orange and bronze,aprilia rs250 01 black and red,aprilia rsv milie 99 black and silver

hjr1100s

Postby hjr1100s » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:04 pm

Welcome aboard Bolle. Tell me 'bout your nick, 'cos if you have anything/anyone related with Holland/the Dutch, this name would suggest you're .... well .... a BIG guy ;)

HJ

bolle = shaped as a bowl

Return to “New Trixters?”