New to riding a Boxer

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

R-man

New to riding a Boxer

Postby R-man » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:48 pm

:D Hi fellow Boxer-riders...having recovered from a bout of four-cylinder syndrome, I am grinning like an idiot for the change to a scruffy R1100S and dunno why I never thought to ride get one of these before!

I look forward to swapping tips, and meeting up with some of you - I'm based in Suffolk (but don't hold that against me) and will be in touch. John
R1100S current
K1200RS (2005-07) Autobahn-stormer
V-Strom (2004-05)
VFR800 (2003-04)
-in the 70s & 80s there were lots more...

northernboxer

Postby northernboxer » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:07 pm

the r1100s gets you that way pal.dont know why, but it is somehow addictive.enjoy the bike and the forum.lots of useful info and advice from some seriously nice people :D
GARY

Huw

Postby Huw » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:37 pm

Welcome, Punch (little horsey reference there :D ), you'll enjoy this lot, a jolly good bunch of chums (almost) without exception.

May I recommend attendance at a get together? Most unlike the BMW Owners/ Caravan Club GB :o
Huw_

RupertR1100S

Hi, new to the world of Boxing

Postby RupertR1100S » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:10 pm

Hi there, only had my licence since May '07 and gave myself 6 months on a Ducati Monster before getting my hands on an R1100s to commute and get up and down to Norfolk on. What a bike! Despite weighing nearly as much as a small car it is better in traffic than my little Monster owing to better balencing and superiour steering lock and has been the ideal tool, strting and behaving in all weather and stretching it's legs with the best of them (my friends all have Jap bikes) whilst being as comfy as anything.

You can therefore appreciate my dismay on Saturday morn when two pikeys smashed the ignition barrel and attempted to make off with it when it ws temporally unchained up.

I now have a hole where the key goes in and a busted steering lock. Has anyone had experience of this situation and can anyone recommend best course of action as its stranded in the middle of London...? I am a bit desperate!!!

rupert_waters@hotmail.com
Rupert R1100s

julian

Postby julian » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:39 pm

Rupert

I've pm'd you my number. Call if you need a hand I work in Covent Garden.

The ignition lock connects to the top yolk via two tamperproof bolts so is probably easy to fix with a new lockset from Motorworks (or get Jap & German at London Bridge to fit it).

Cheers

Julian
BMW R1100S (Black)
Suzuki TL1000S (Red)

Return to “New Trixters?”