New member - Kent

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

testudograeca

New member - Kent

Postby testudograeca » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:43 pm

Hello there,

Just a short post to say hello before I start picking your brains for information....

I don't yet have a boxer, but hope to collect one within a few weeks. I've been looking for a nice R1100S in graphite / mandarin for a while, but it looks as though I'm going to settle for a 1200S. (Long story....)

As a result of neck and back problems, my top priority will be to fit a riser handlebar, and I intend seeking advice in the appropriate forum.

Although this will be the first boxer I will have owned long-term (hopefully), I have ridden plenty BMWs and other makes in the past. I have been riding for 24 years, and my interests include supermoto and trials, as well as mountain biking.

I look forward to picking your brains, and am confident I will soon benefit from your collective knowledge and experience.

Cheers for now,

Iain

Bender

Postby Bender » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:03 pm

Welcome Iain,

You're in good company - several new riders from Kent have recently joined, although I think one of our local guys is thinking about opting out of the 11/1200s fold... :(

I'm in West Malling and would be up for some weekend jaunts (when I'm allowed out to play.

Nearly went out today, but popped out in the car and saw tons of salt being thrown around so I plugged the Optimate back in...

Martin
2011 Harley-Davidson FLD Switchback - yeah, I know. I've always wanted one though...

testudograeca

Postby testudograeca » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:19 am

Hello Martin,

I'm just outside West Malling myself, so there's a good chance I'll be up for a ride once I sort out a bike.

Having said that, my wife is due to give birth any day now, so I'm likely to be rather busy for the forseable future.....

I'll post another message once I'm up and running.

Cheers for now,

Iain

Bender

Postby Bender » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:11 am

testudograeca wrote:Hello Martin,

I'm just outside West Malling myself, so there's a good chance I'll be up for a ride once I sort out a bike.

Having said that, my wife is due to give birth any day now, so I'm likely to be rather busy for the forseable future.....

I'll post another message once I'm up and running.

Cheers for now,

Iain
Hi Iain,
Good luck with your new baby when it arrives, and good luck with your new baby when it arrives... :)

Look forward to meeting you.
2011 Harley-Davidson FLD Switchback - yeah, I know. I've always wanted one though...

Pepper

Postby Pepper » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:41 pm

Just to say hello,
i live outside Ashford hope to meet up with any other Trixters at some point (weather & work permiting).

Waiting for dry weather
Martin

testudograeca

Postby testudograeca » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:13 pm

Hello Martin,

I suspect I'm going to have very little free time once I get the bike, what with the baby, plus shift-work, etc, but I'm sure we'll all be able to meet up at some point in the not too distant future.

Cheers,

Iain
You spent HOW much on it......?!

f90x

Postby f90x » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:32 pm

hi iain,

check out this post on 'pelican parts' the guy you need to keep an eye on is 'rapid dog' but it looks as though there are already companies that supply such a thing. will be expensive to get in the UK though.

good luck
steve

testudograeca

Postby testudograeca » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:47 pm

Hello Steve,

I take it you're referring to my post elsewhere re-handlebar conversions?

Is there a link to 'pelican parts'? (I'll try a Google search in the meantime)

Cheers,

Iain

Steve W

Postby Steve W » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:09 pm

testudograeca

Postby testudograeca » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:50 pm

Thanks Steve - I'll check that site out.

Iain

Return to “New Trixters?”