Another new member

Please introduce yourself...

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Gannet

Another new member

Postby Gannet » Sat May 17, 2008 11:23 am

Hi Everybody

After 30+ years owning more bikes than I can remember starting with a Royal Enfield 250 and including 5 years racing 125s I have recently bought my 1st BMW (2000 1100S in red).

I drive a lot of miles in my job & therefore I dont tend to ride too much for fun but I do ride to at least 1 Moto GP a year.
The last few years I have had a couple of Ducati ST2s & while they are quite adequate & good fun on the twisty bits Ive got fed up with things breaking and adjusting chains so I decided to buy a Beemer.
I wasnt ready to buy 1 of the big heavy things like my mate who I ride with who has got a 1200 complete with walk in wardrobe, wine waiter, jacuzzi and reverse gear (the last bit is true) so I bought the 1100S and so far I have been impressed.

I live in the beautiful area of North Northamptonshire which has some good roads close by.
I saw a nice black 1100s in Brixworth, does that belong to a member?

A couple of questions please. As I will be touring I would like to fit a higher screen, any recommendations?
I intend to do most of the maintenece myself is there anything particulary difficult or requires special tools?
Thanks

Ruffy

special tools

Postby Ruffy » Sat May 17, 2008 12:08 pm

Hi gannet,welcome to the site and well done for choosing a special bike,you'll love the fact that you'll never again have to adjust a chain or lube it and iv'e just done my 1200 service and if i can master it you'll have no probs i'm sure and in the short time(18months) iv'e had mine no special tools have been needed,we'll have to meet up as i'm only in leics so when your free give me a shout,cheers tim.
ruffy

Ruffy

screen

Postby Ruffy » Sat May 17, 2008 12:11 pm

I forgot the screen gannet,try motorworks on 0845 458 0077 and ask for darren. :D :D
ruffy

JoeC

Re: Another new member

Postby JoeC » Sat May 17, 2008 7:43 pm

Gannet wrote:got fed up with things breaking and adjusting chains so I decided to buy a Beemer.

Well you've saved on the adjusting chain bit then - not too sure about the other bits!!!

Welcome though.
No longer a motorcycle owner.

Return to “New Trixters?”