Pre xmas rides 2023.

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

dobbo

Pre xmas rides 2023.

Postby dobbo » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:14 pm

My other bike is a 1993 K75RT on vintage plates that I did up for touring with the MRS. A couple of weeks back a mate bought a Yammy XJ 900S and was getting back in the saddle after a long layoff (he had a big crash a few years ago) and was a bit nervous so I came for a ride with him on a similar aged bike to his.
He only wanted to go on a short run so we elected to ride down to a pie shop at Cowen on the old Pacific Hwy. This is probably the best bike road in N.S.W however it is one lane wide very twisty and claimed a lot of lives over the years and was bypassed by a new freeway back in the 70s. The downside is the speed limit is only 60kmh and is heavily policed.
We had a great time throwing the old bikes around the corners riding hard but on a K75 not that quick and luckily no traffic and no cops. A bacon and egg roll for lunch and did it all again on the way home. The old bikes never missed a beat, my mate got his confidence back and we both had a great time riding around the mainly 35-45kmh corners as hard as we dared(touring tyres on) regards Dobbo.

dobbo

Re: Pre xmas rides 2023.

Postby dobbo » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:41 pm

Last Tuesday four of us went for a ride to Bulahdela via Booral. Went through Newcastle heading North onto the Pacific Hwy to buckets way road then to Booral turned right onto Booral road, which is an old logging road and is now tarred. It's very narrow and very tight and twisty but still has a 100kmh speed limit.(I think it's been forgotten about by road authorities otherwise they would lower the speed limit)
It's about 28km long first obstacle was a fast moving Mazda 2 got around no problems a couple of Kays later a mobile home again got around easily a couple more Kays and come across a timber Jinker was stuck behind it for a Kay then it was a risky maneuver to pass it then it was a clear run to Bulahdela. The country around Bulahdela is mountainous and heavily forrested and the town sits beside the Myall river.
We always go through the town back onto the Hwy and then turn left and go to Wooten and back to Bulahdela for lunch. This little run follows the old Pacific Hwy which has now been bypassed and goes over the mountain range, traffic free and is still in good condition 2lanes wide going up and 1 wide lane coming down. Returned home the same way incident free.
The temperature was 38c at Bulahdela and the school holidays started on Friday so hot days and holiday makers plus increased presence of the boys in blue means no riding till the new year. Merry xmas regards Dobbo.

RiceBurner
The Mirthman Prophecy

Postby RiceBurner » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:15 pm

Everything I hear about riding in NZ makes me want to visit.... with my bike!
non quod, sed quomodo

nab 301

Postby nab 301 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:17 pm

38 deg c ! A little hot for me but at -4 deg c in my part of the world yesterday somewhere in between would be nice.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

dobbo

Postby dobbo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:42 pm

Rice burner close but I do live next door in Australia.
Nigel yes 38c is too hot to ride with leathers etc. If it gets too hot we give it a miss but having said that were off this Thursday and it's predicted to reach 37c.

Return to “Ride Reports”