A wee run on the bike a couple of weeks ago...

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

GRAgusta

Postby GRAgusta » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:40 pm

Yogi, lovely trip report. I can't imagine being so unorganised on the oustet of a trip, so I take my hat off to you for making it work so well.

Kaze it is Scotland, we have this stuff in bucket loads. All you need to do is head north. :D

Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

Kaze

Postby Kaze » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:32 pm

Kaze it is Scotland, we have this stuff in bucket loads. All you need to do is head north.

You're absolutely right! Great photo's, MV looks gorgeous, and is that a recent photo of the 11S, it looks bran new, I thought mine was in great nic but that one's immaculate :?:
Kaze

slparry

Postby slparry » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:10 pm

Kaze wrote:
It's the applecross pass, there's tons of fast roads up there,

Thanks Steve, v interested, please tell me more :D

There's just a wealth of excellent roads up there, last year we did the Wester Ross Coastal Trail which while not fast was miles of beauty. We're basically doing the same this time but the other way around Glasgow > Inverary > Oban > Mallaig > Skye > Applecross > Ullapool > Loch Ness > Glasgow ....

Which should keep us busy for a couple of days :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:36 pm

That's a different helmet you use for riding the MV :oops:

What was the one you had on for your trip to the west coast? Freddie Spencer rep?

Was looking at the new TOTR MV the other day with Dorsetboy - looked brilliant (The MV, not Mike :shock: )

Mind you - at £19k - it should be

Al :D
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

GRAgusta

Postby GRAgusta » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Blackal wrote:That's a different helmet you use for riding the MV :oops:

What was the one you had on for your trip to the west coast? Freddie Spencer rep?

Was looking at the new TOTR MV the other day with Dorsetboy - looked brilliant (The MV, not Mike :shock: )

Mind you - at £19k - it should be

Yes Al, you've identified my weakness. I like the helmet - leathers - bike to be colour coordinated. The MV comes with a black/red/silver grey/gold theme for my outfit, the BMW comes in a largely blue theme. I have a lovely Colin Edwards patern Arai in blue/black/silver which has been retired after 6 years and replced with the Freddie Spencer rep for the BMW. Yes I am sad ... but at least that is all I have to confess to as I enjoy the lovely roads in Scotland. 8)
Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:20 pm

You're as sad as, as, as as..................

Well - me :oops:

I'm not so bad now, but when I had a yellow Daytona, was going out and had on a yellow jacket. Bike wouldn't start, so went and got the keys for the Boxercup.............. Oh - and changed the jacket for a blue one 8)

But - everyone knows that colour co-ordination (and rim tape) is good for an extra 5bhp :wink:

See if that works .....

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:35 pm

You're as sad as, as, as as..................

Well - me :oops:

I'm not so bad now, but when I had a yellow Daytona, was going out and had on a yellow jacket. Bike wouldn't start, so went and got the keys for the Boxercup.............. Oh - and changed the jacket for a blue one 8)

But - everyone knows that colour co-ordination (and rim tape) is good for an extra 5bhp :wink:

See if that works .....

Return to “Ride Reports”