It's my holidays :)

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

It's my holidays :)

Postby slparry » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:36 pm

Seeing the weather report last week for this week I booked the time off :) It's been a great call!

Some days are just awesome, today I decided I'd got to the Lobster Pot in Anglesey for lunch

http://www.thelobsterpotrestaurant.co.uk/

rode up on the A5 on the K12GT nice and steadily enjoying the sumptuous scenery of Snowdonia, and stunningly totally empty A5! Luscious lunch of Moules Mariniers a'la creme to start followed by seafood platter as main, the oysters were stunning all the taste of the ocean in one mouthful! Washed down with a glass of nice dry chilled Cava.

Bimbling back down the A5 stopped at Betws y Coed for a 99 as pud :)

Then continued on the A5 towards home, at Pentrefoelas turned off up Denbigh Moors, past the Sportsmans Arms turning right back towards Cerrigydrudion (at Haydens leap ;) ). I noticed something red, wide, low and fast behind me. A brand new Ferrari, don't ask what model I don't know, it was red, brand new, with strips of led sidelights.

Anyway I thought hey let's turn the wick up, not to silly level just to "a bit naughty". Excellent dice with the car, left him a couple of times, and fair play he didn't "crowd" me.

Anyway had to stop in Cerrig cos a truck was faffing about and matey jumps out of his Ferrari and comes over to me, taps me on the shoulder and thanks me for a fantastic dice, and that it was some of the neatest riding he'd seen in a long time :) Funny how a chance meet with a complete stranger can raise your spirits :)

I love motorbikes :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Blackal

Re: It's my holidays :)

Postby Blackal » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:55 pm

slparry wrote:......and comes over to me, taps me on the shoulder and thanks me for a fantastic dice, and that my breath smelled like somthing that "Flipper" had coughed up......... :?

I love motorbikes :)

More like it - after that lunch :D

(Most of you will remember "Flipper" :oops: )

Looks a seriously-good main course - how much do they charge for that, Steve?

Al :thumbright:
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:10 pm

I think the platter was 19 quid if I recall Al, the oysters were gorgeous :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Hayden

Re: It's my holidays :)

Postby Hayden » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:43 pm

slparry wrote:

Then continued on the A5 towards home, at Pentrefoelas turned off up Denbigh Moors, past the Sportsmans Arms turning right back towards Cerrigydrudion (at Haydens leap ;) ).

Haydens leap....fame at last.. :oops:

that looks a platter worth a trip out for Steve, avoiding said road though.. :lol:

Always nice when a Ferrari driver turns out to be a human being, me and the lad were doing some shopping a while back at the local supermarket, a Ferrari F what ever pulls in, young chap at the wheel, I think rich knob.
Ferrari chap see`s my lad eyeing the car and beckons him over, lets him in the drivers seat, then opens the bonnet ( boot?) for him to see the engine, when he left he pulled out slowly loudly blipping the throttle so the lad could here what its all about....top bloke.
( my lad thought it was `ok`,...I was chuffed to bits!... :D

Return to “Ride Reports”