coast to coast

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

GRAgusta

coast to coast

Postby GRAgusta » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:22 pm

Sunday night we travelled up to Boddam near Peterhead and met up with friends who had travelled from the Haute Savoie. A mixture of Dutch / Scottish / French / Italian / English.

Monday morning we headed west, Mintlaw, Turriff, Keith, Speyside to Tomintoul, Inverness, Drumnadrochit, and out to Gairloch.

Then Tuesday up to Ullapool and north. Our friends are touring all week so they continued ... Jenny and I headed home via Bonar Bridge, Inverness, Nairn, Grantown on Spey, the Lecht, and back to Aberdeen. 570 miles and lots of fun.

Saw a Scottish BCR in Grantown at fuel stop, said hello briefly but had to catch up with Jenny.

Something clicked for Jenny .... she went from "I don't want people thinking I'll be too slow" to "let me past, follow me ....... " I'm so proud of her.

Here are some photos of a great journey :D

Gawaine

2003 R1100S
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
2013 Ducati Diavel Hers
2023 Motorrad R1250RS SE

2020 911 992 C2SC

eyore

Postby eyore » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:55 am

Nice. Looks as if the weather stayed fine. :)
2009 Triumph Speed Triple
2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

Bikerhoss

Postby Bikerhoss » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:41 am

Am very :mrgreen: Spent the weekend gardening and scratching my head on the next thing to try and get my bike running again :(

Keep telling Jenny to plug away, Get her to sign up for Maria Costello's Women Only track day at Teeside Autodrome on 30th Sept 8)
Blame the Deed, Not the Breed
Traitor Z1000SX Owner

Mister C (Marsh)

Re: coast to coast

Postby Mister C (Marsh) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:40 pm

GRAgusta wrote:Something clicked for Jenny .... she went from "I don't want people thinking I'll be too slow" to "let me past, follow me ....... " I'm so proud of her.

Fab photos, and a good time had by all. A big well done to Jenny, more than I would like to do.

Marsh
er, mmmmm I'll think of something funny soon.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:09 pm

Looks all good and dry roads too!

:)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Ride Reports”