More Stunning Weather, Sort Of...

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

JamesL

More Stunning Weather, Sort Of...

Postby JamesL » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:34 pm

Monday I actually took a day off. For me. So, based on the half-yearly dentist and optician visit, took the GS out into the yellow rain warning and gale for a variation on my fave Cotswolds route.

From home down the Fosse to Stow on the Wold. Peak commuter time so no option but to plod on with everyone else, a few overtakes but very busy so absolutely no heroics. In Stow neatly binned the knackered artic heading the queue at the lights, then turn right on the B4068 and freedom, hurrah! Good (fast) run over to pick up the A436 briefly, then down the Salt Way to Ciren, very rural and just as drop dead gorgeous as ever despite the weather.

Ex Ciren, B4425 past Bibury and Aldsworth, very fast even in the rain, then cut up to the Barringtons and then through Taynton to pick up the B4437 to Charlbury - super fast, no traffic and some fabulous bends. Plus views if you can multi-task. Out of Charlbury picked up the B4022, fast again, up to the main Banbury / Stratford road, then Banburs and home.

So a good mix, rural lanes to very fast - the B4022 is spectacular. Once out of the Fosse commuter hell, very little traffic. Got home well soggy but well pleased...

slparry

Postby slparry » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:56 pm

now come on James we want pictures man :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

JamesL

Postby JamesL » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:02 pm

slparry wrote:now come on James we want pictures man :)

Soz! Too busy riding and it honestly didn't occur to me... OK, next time I'll take a few!

slparry

Postby slparry » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:04 pm

JamesL wrote:
slparry wrote:now come on James we want pictures man :)

Soz! Too busy riding and it honestly didn't occur to me... OK, next time I'll take a few!

I often do exactly the same, go out ride for 200 miles and arrive back home thinking, damn I meant to stop :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Return to “Ride Reports”