Sunny day, crap burger

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Sunny day, crap burger

Postby Paul » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:40 pm

Well, it was a lovely sunny day, so I slipped the shackles at home and went for a bimble on the bike. I ended up at Bury Hill, near Arundel, where I was relieved of £9 for a bacon burger, chips and a drink. The burger at £5.10 was hands down the worst thing I've eaten for quite some time. disintegrating bread, tasteless thin burger. Top tip: avoid.

While I was there, I got chatting to a discerning chap on a black R1200S with Remus pipes. He'd previously owned an 1100S, but had never come across our site. Hopefully he'll drop by soon and say hello.

Anyone else been joy riding over the holidays?

Cheers,

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

big rob

Postby big rob » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:09 pm

Hello Paul,
Where we live the Gritters were out as early as November spreading their corrosion creating stuff :shock:
Anyway, more recently we had lots of rain which washed some of the nasty stuff away & on 22nd December I seized the opportunity to 'borrow' Gail's NC750X and went for a wee thrash through Glen Isla and then onto Glenshee.
It was a lovely day, a wee bit on the cold side but managed approximately 80-miles in Total :lol:
Came home then spent 2-hours washing the bike before putting it away.

It was just what the Doctor ordered as I had been suffering from Motorcycle Withdrawal Syndrome prior to me wee run. :wink:

Happy new Year to all,
Rob & Gail

ceepee

bury hill tucker

Postby ceepee » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:52 pm

i think you did well, you should try the hot dogs !!!!!!

nab 301

Postby nab 301 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:19 pm

Got out most days including xmas day.... Weather has been variable from -4 to +14 deg c locally . I spent plenty of time hosing road salt off my bike and bike gear though.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
1999 R1100s (mandarin) '
2018 DL 250V Strom
2019 CB125F Honda.
MZ301 Saxon Fun ( currently retired)
'03 Bullet 65 project..

bigblackfalco

Re: Sunny day, crap burger

Postby bigblackfalco » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:32 pm

Paul wrote:Well, it was a lovely sunny day, so I slipped the shackles at home and went for a bimble on the bike. I ended up at Bury Hill, near Arundel, where I was relieved of £9 for a bacon burger, chips and a drink. The burger at £5.10 was hands down the worst thing I've eaten for quite some time. disintegrating bread, tasteless thin burger. Top tip: avoid.

While I was there, I got chatting to a discerning chap on a black R1200S with Remus pipes. He'd previously owned an 1100S, but had never come across our site. Hopefully he'll drop by soon and say hello.

Anyone else been joy riding over the holidays?

Cheers,

Paul

Stopped there mid week a few months back for a bacon butty and cuppa .... nearly had a heart attack when she asked for nearly £7.00
Honda VFR750 FV 1997 Red and dirty, 130K miles.

Honda VFR800 Xf Crossrunner 2016 White and dirty, 120K miles.

Return to “Ride Reports”