Planes,bikes, boats and automobiles

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:19 pm

I'm about to reacquaint myself with CWs :D. Bought a used Kawasaki from them once. Since then, some fork oil and a pair of gloves I think :)

They've already been good enough to give me a print out showing the warranty and recall work that's been done to the bike. There are 2 outstanding: the recent rear wheel flange and some check or other on the fuel pump. While they're sorting out the odometer I'll ask them to check the ECU software too in case it's missed an upgrade.

Mike
Horizontally opposed, vertically challenged...

popsky

Postby popsky » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:30 pm

Boxermed69 wrote:I'm about to reacquaint myself with CWs :D. Bought a used Kawasaki from them once. Since then, some fork oil and a pair of gloves I think :)

They've already been good enough to give me a print out showing the warranty and recall work that's been done to the bike. There are 2 outstanding: the recent rear wheel flange and some check or other on the fuel pump. While they're sorting out the odometer I'll ask them to check the ECU software too in case it's missed an upgrade.

Mike

Sounds good Mike 😄
Phil.

R1200S and loving it !

Hoch Bergstraßenjäger…………………………………

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:31 pm

Would this count a a legal speedometer?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cate ... lsrc=aw.ds

Not sure what they mean by 'the long cable' ??

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:05 pm

Topcat wrote:Would this count a a legal speedometer?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cate ... lsrc=aw.ds

Not sure what they mean by 'the long cable' ??

:D I don't know tbh. I have seen a shed-built special with a cycle speedo mind.

Mike

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:12 pm

Apparently it has a calorie counter as well, I could lose loads of weight at 110 :D

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:59 pm

One with a built-in heart rate monitor could be fun :D

Mike

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Fri May 01, 2015 5:41 am

Topcat wrote:Apparently it has a calorie counter as well, I could lose loads of weight at 110 :D

Hope you're talking kph here!! :wink:
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

brokenwasp

Postby brokenwasp » Mon May 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Nice little adventure, nice bike too. For a minute I thought you'd jumped ship and gone all non boxer on us. :D

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Mon May 04, 2015 7:31 pm

brokenwasp wrote:Nice little adventure, nice bike too. For a minute I thought you'd jumped ship and gone all non boxer on us. :D

Well, I did consider it. Almost went Honda before coming to my senses :D Trouble is, the list of suitable bikes is short because I wanted a sports tourer with the emphasis on sport, removable hard luggage and shaft drive; oh, and not an IL4. Fortunately I found the VFR1200 too sterile (been riding a Bavarian Ditch Pump for too long) - so I saved myself loads of money and bought the bike I'd aspired to since seeing one in the flesh for the first time (well, two actually - Popsky's and Herrman's at the Minehead bash 2 or 3 years ago).

Mike :)

slparry

Postby slparry » Mon May 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Boxermed69 wrote:
brokenwasp wrote:Nice little adventure, nice bike too. For a minute I thought you'd jumped ship and gone all non boxer on us. :D

Well, I did consider it. Almost went Honda before coming to my senses :D Trouble is, the list of suitable bikes is short because I wanted a sports tourer with the emphasis on sport, removable hard luggage and shaft drive; oh, and not an IL4. Fortunately I found the VFR1200 too sterile (been riding a Bavarian Ditch Pump for too long) - so I saved myself loads of money and bought the bike I'd aspired to since seeing one in the flesh for the first time (well, two actually - Popsky's and Herrman's at the Minehead bash 2 or 3 years ago).

Jeepers is it that long ago! :)

Re suitable bikes, I know what you mean, there's not a lot out there that lights my fires any more. I've got bored of IL4's .... well except for the KGT because I love the mix of silly performance and land yacht comfort.

If pennies permitted I think the R12RS would be tempting me.

More realistically if I change the BCR I fancy either an R12S or maybe a KTM RC8

There's nowadays not a lot from Japan that appeals, that's not to say there's owt wrong with any of their products it's just I've become jaded to it I guess.
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:20 pm

slparry wrote:Jeepers is it that long ago! :)

Re suitable bikes, I know what you mean, there's not a lot out there that lights my fires any more. I've got bored of IL4's .... well except for the KGT because I love the mix of silly performance and land yacht comfort.

If pennies permitted I think the R12RS would be tempting me.

More realistically if I change the BCR I fancy either an R12S or maybe a KTM RC8

There's nowadays not a lot from Japan that appeals, that's not to say there's owt wrong with any of their products it's just I've become jaded to it I guess.

Yes, the R12RS would seem to be spot on...on paper. Don't think CWs will have one in until next month. Believe they may have a launch event which I'll try to get along to. Thing is, I wasn't prepared to wait a few weeks with a view to buying one if it's as good as it looks, because then I'd have a hard time 'stepping back' to an R12S - the bike I really want to try. Don't want to miss the 12S experience. Bet that sounds daft :roll:

The thing that concerns me about the new RS is that new-fangled telescopic fork front end. It'll never catch on...

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Tue May 05, 2015 6:11 pm

Local BM dealer has 2 RC8s in - £10,000 each!! Love my 12s really so pleased I got it
'15 R1200GS TE

'06 R1200S

'04 BCR

Yam SR 500 long term restoration

wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Fw190

Postby Fw190 » Mon May 25, 2015 2:27 pm

Boxermed69 wrote:I'm about to reacquaint myself with CWs :D. Bought a used Kawasaki from them once. Since then, some fork oil and a pair of gloves I think :)

Mike

I'm sure they will be able to change the odometer, I had mine done on the GS when I imported it to Italy, I'm not sure if Gus is still using his speedo assembly, maybe drop him a PM, (I think he may still have it for the rev counter) but maybe worth an ask.

Nice looking bike though, she's very clean eh, and the proper colour...

Ty

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:28 am

Thanks Ty.

Already committed to having my speedo converted. Waiting for it to come back. Getting impatient now...

Yes, the chap I bought the bike from said a friend had imported a 12GS from the UK to Ireland and had Joe Duffy's plug it in and convert the odometer from miles to km without issue. Can't imagine the 12S would be any different.

It's a bonus to know that Shine Yellow is the fastest colour :D I did hear that other colours need rim tape to match the performance... :wink:

Mike

Return to “Ride Reports”