Quick nip down to Scarbro`

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Quick nip down to Scarbro`

Postby boxerscott » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:28 pm

I took a quick nip down to Scarboro yesterday. Left the borders at 8.48 a fuel stop at the American Diner on the a19 and a bit of a thaw, a brief chat (hello, from me) to some of Satans Slaves and then on to Scarboro via the moors back of Whitby. The traffic was immense heading from Guisborough down to the coast.

Scarborough sea front was full of promenaders (forgotten just how hectic life is on the east coast) Loads of bikes, The Sun came out , I took part in a mates memorial rowing race. I stroked the winning crew!! Then back to Jed for a dinner appointment with missus. Much the same riding home. My little 848 is a peach. I shod it with a replacement rear, Dunlop Sportmax GP, one that had covered 9 and a quarter laps of Donnington Park in 2007 and had been kicking around in loft since. The Supercorsa that came off still had life in it but after 2.8k i was not happy at the prospect of a wet or even damp road surface. One thing I noticed though is that the supercorsa showed no signs of squaring off unlike all the rears with less miles that came off my BCR. Got home about 7pm after 2 fuel stops (low tank range, both the bike and I !).

Exhausting day out but enjoyed every minute of it especially as I am now a Grandfather 8)
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:02 am

Congratulations Chris.
The bit about stroking the crew - is that a euphemism? I know you Yorkshire lot have some strange customs
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:53 am

Thanks Dave, another milestone passed.

Rowing bit, I fear I know where this is heading.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:20 am

Congratulations on becoming a granddad Chris!

Sound like a grand day out.

Return to “Ride Reports”