Four day ride.

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

dobbo

Four day ride.

Postby dobbo » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:16 am

Recently returned from a four day trip from Guyra on the N.S.W northern tablelands. First day was from Swansea(home) to Guyra 389kms via Buckets way then onto the famous Thunderbolts way(named after the bushranger Captain Thunderbolt) very twisty as you climb up the mountain ranges then opens up on the tablelands, very much void of traffic so the 1200s was cruising at over 140kph for hours at over 30c temps.
Settled into our(4 of us 1200s,1100s, wc1200gs and a Kwaka650) motel then off to the pub. Next morning off to Jackadery via Glen Innes then onto the Gwyder Highway more twistys back down the mountain, had lunch then back up to Guyra. Alot better going up than down I think you can push the front end harder.
The third day off to Couts Crossing via Guyra road Waterfall way, stopped to look at Ebor Falls then onto Armidale road which is again very twisty then lunch and return back again very hot 35c and sustained 140 plus speeds.
The final day was breakfast then return home halfway back encountered some rain but not enough to don wet weather gear. We covered 1555kms in four days over rough roads sustained high speeds and hot and wet conditions and the old 1200s did not miss a beat and a good time was had by all.
In the four days the Kwaka got a puncture(which I repaired, always carry a repair kit) dodged 2 snakes but hit a Crimson Rosella which I could'nt help and feel sorry about. Already planning the next run regards Dobbo.

jeznewsome

Re: Four day ride.

Postby jeznewsome » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:32 pm

What no piccies to make us Brits truly jealous?

dobbo

Postby dobbo » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:12 am

Jeznewsome the last camera I owned was 35mmslr and no film available anymore. I don't own or need a mobile phone. I realize the report is a bit boring without pictures.

jeznewsome

Postby jeznewsome » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:18 pm

Fair play! Means I cannot get too jealous of the scenery and weather.

Return to “Ride Reports”