Riding to Croatia May/June 2022​ 8)

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

BoxerCup R

Riding to Croatia May/June 2022​ 8)

Postby BoxerCup R » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:53 am

After a non event for the past two years because of a cold :D , It's our annual Yamaha XJR Eurofest, It's being held in Medulin, Croatia this year & will be massive. So I'm riding there at the end of May, staying 5 days and then riding back :)  Carolyn is flying out with her bike gear for the 5 days in Croatia. The site they have organised looks beautiful

https://www.arenacampsites.com/en/mobil ... na-medulin

Carolyn and I have booked a static for the week. There are 20 bikes going from the UK but only one from Scotland.

I'm heading thru the tunnel to Calais then heading due South to stay overnight with a Mate in Treignac, mid France. Next day over the Alps via the Hannibal Route, Chambèry - Susa and on to a stop over in Northern Italy, haven't decided yet but probably Modena to visit the Ferrari or Lambo factory/museum's. Next day through he rest of Italy and around the coast into Croatia and down to Medulin.

On the way back I'm heading over the Italian/Austrian Alps and into Munich for an overnight. Next day up to an overnight at my Uncles in Dolgesheim then Monday 6th June up to 'The Ring' and an afternoon/evening on track - it's open :bounce:  stay overnight in Adenau then early start next morning to catch my train back to Blighty.

Should be an epic trip, some roads I've done but a lot I haven't which is always exciting, can't wait.

8)
"02 Yamaha XJR 1300SP in Kenny Roberts Yellow - (bought new)
"18 BMW S1000R Sports - (bought new)

"11 Porsche Boxster 987 S Black Edition No.261 of 987

Topcat

Re: Riding to Croatia May/June 2022​ 8)

Postby Topcat » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:41 am

That sounds great, looking forward to seeing some pics and a write up!

Humbug

Postby Humbug » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:49 pm

Sounds fantastic, enjoy the ride and stay safe.
10 KTM RC8

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:25 pm

if you cross Ancona to Zadar, skip the ferry breakfast (very poor) and head down the coast road and there's a cafe called Boxer - cracking omelettes for breakfast
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:30 pm

Sounds great John, Taking the Beemer then? :wink:

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Return to “Ride Reports”