Pre xmas rides.

Done a "Ewan & Charley"? Been for a fried breakfast and taken pictures? Share the tales of your adventure in here

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

dobbo

Pre xmas rides.

Postby dobbo » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:52 pm

Bit late reporting but the forum has been pretty quiet so here goes. November went for a ride about 320ks through Yarramolong valley which is badly potholed to Kulnura then to a famous old pub at Wollimbi which dates back to convict days and was recently under water. The road there is a good bike road with a variety of corners from 25ks to flat out and is a bit rough in places but relatively unscathed from all the floods except for one spot.
The water had come down the mountain and ran across the road and carved out a semicircle of about 6m with about a 100m drop down the side of the road. It was down to one lane with stop go men manning the area.
A couple of beers at the pub and we decided to do a loop we normally ride back the same but due to road works went home through Ellalong stopped at the pub there for lunch and back home via Sandy creek road which was pretty rough but after all the rain is now really then bad down to Wyee across to the Pacific hwy and home.

dobbo

Re: Pre xmas rides.

Postby dobbo » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:07 am

Early December before the School holidays went for a ride to the iconic Putty road meeting up with a mate at Broke about 370kms. I usually go via Sandy creek road to Wollimbi and Paynnes crossing road to Broke but these roads are that bad after the rains they are no longer enjoyable.
So I went via Lake road to Cessnock and onto Broke. We set off to Millbrodale then onto the Putty to about halfway, after all the twisty bits. A section of this road(3kms) has been badly affected by land slides and is down to one lane with traffic control either end. It's freaky riding beside with sections of Armco barrier hanging in mid air with a creek 50m below right in the middle of the best bit.
On the way back we briefly got held up by a car and a Porsche 911 GT4 caught up to us it's double lines and tricky to overtake due to all the bends we got around the car and had to stop at traffic control and the Porsche was behind us again so I asked my mate how the Porsche got around the car he said very quickly so we waved him round. He took off through the roadworks signposted at 40kph and the controllers were'nt happy. We stopped at Broke general store for a couple of beers and lunch and headed off in our seperate directions he has a new GSXR 750 and loves it and apparently no longer available. Bike now parked up due to School holidays, tourists and Police pressence on the roads have a great new year and cheers Paul regards Dobbo.

Return to “Ride Reports”