iPad to PC

Hifi, computers, cameras etc; gadgets and general chat about any other interesting hobbies you have.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Bikerhoss

iPad to PC

Postby Bikerhoss » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:25 pm

Following on from the New laptop thread chaps, I got my HP yesterday, but am stumped already.

I want to transfer music, photos, podcasts, apps etc from my iPad to the PC, but even after loading up iTunes, I failed. I tried drag/dropping files using the iPad as a removable drive, but that only took over a handful of pics, nothing else??

Do I need to attempt to fire up the very nearly dead old Mac and try to transfer things onto a usb drive, then put that into the PC, or is there a simpler way?

I saw SynciOS on a google search, but couldn't see an independent review to see if it's any good or just some virus ridded junk?

Techy advice appreciated by your numpty, Hoss :oops:
Blame the Deed, Not the Breed
Traitor Z1000SX Owner

skiddy boxers

Postby skiddy boxers » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:18 pm

You probably need to de-authorise your old mac as the primary source for itunes and authorise the HP. You should then be able to sync the ipad with itunes.

If you are not sure how to deauthorise the mac a google search should give you the answer.
Nick

When life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Merecat

Postby Merecat » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:44 pm

Hmm. I was going to suggest a Dropbox account, but I'm not sure about transferring off the pad.
I thought ITunes on the PC/Mac acted as a sort of "master" with the mobile device being the slave.
Not had to do it for a while but recovering MP3 files from an IPod used to be a right pain in the a$$
Mick

2001 R1100s Frost Blue

Its not going the fastest,

Its stopping the quickest

mikek_7

Postby mikek_7 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:01 pm

I use Dropbox and Skydrive for transferring almost everything to an iPad. Itunes is just too frustrating on Windows.

Merecat wrote:Hmm. I was going to suggest a Dropbox account, but I'm not sure about transferring off the pad.
I thought ITunes on the PC/Mac acted as a sort of "master" with the mobile device being the slave.
Not had to do it for a while but recovering MP3 files from an IPod used to be a right pain in the a$$
2004 S Yellow/Grey - now sold, probably going to regret it

Twinspark

Postby Twinspark » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:43 pm

Easiest way is to get everything off the Mac with a USB drive, then transfer it to the new PC.

For music, films etc. you can't sync back from the iPad to a computer with iTunes, it's a form of copy protection.

Photos can be taken off the iPad - and you can get the music with 3rd party Windows applications.
Fucked Off!

Return to “Geeks' Corner”