Moto GP & BT

Hifi, computers, cameras etc; gadgets and general chat about any other interesting hobbies you have.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

ned1

Moto GP & BT

Postby ned1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Can anyone tell me if I will be able to watch Moto GP etc. on any free to view channels on TV or on line without paying BT
as I have just paid Virgin for 12 months line rental, even if it's not Live

Thanks for any help
Ned :scratch:

ps I have euro sport player on line without a TV package.
pps It seems BT have the TT as well now.
Yesterday R1100S 03, today K1300s sport
Ride like they are all out to kill you and you will live to ride another day............Ned 2008

Al

Postby Al » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:43 pm

Hi Ned, Been a couple of threads in boxerbanter about coverage of motogp, one on page 1 and another on pg2(sorry crap with links) I watch a lot of sport on firstrowsports on the net, quality varies but usually watchable so hopefully it will be ok, they show F1 and european car racing live but I have never watched bike racing as it has always been on tv or sky.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

ned1

Postby ned1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:35 pm

Hi Al,
Yes I have seen the threads some time back but they didn't say if BT would make the GP available for BBC,
or Eurosport to show later in the day like Eurosport showed the GP about an hour after the BBC showed it live.

Ned

ps will try your site :wink:

Ride like they are all out to kill you and you will live to ride another day............Ned 2008

ned1

Postby ned1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Just tried the site and got this !!

Sorry, the web page you have requested is not available through Virgin Media.

Virgin Media has received an order from the Courts requiring us to prevent access to this site in order to help protect against copyright infringement.

If you are a Virgin Media home broadband customer, for more information on why certain web pages are blocked, please click here.

If you are a Virgin Media Business customer, or are trying to view this page through your company's internet connection, please click here.

:cry:

McBoxer

Postby McBoxer » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:10 pm

I take it that message was about the first row sports web site?

If you have Virgin TV you get BT Sport free - but only with the XL pack (seehttp://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=7615&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable where it says:
"BT Sport and ESPN now on Virgin TV
Great News. BT have now launched their BT Sport channels on the Virgin Media TV Service. If you’re a TV XL customer, this means you can now watch BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN in SD and HD at no additional cost, see our TV packages for more information.

Not on TV XL and want to watch BT Sport? You can either upgrade to TV XL or add BT Sport to your existing TV package and get your sports fix. Simply order online and tick the box called BT Sport & ESPN under 'Add other extra channels' when you're checking out. Or you can call our team on 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0845 045 0588* from any other phone and choose option 4."

Any use? You didn't say if you had Virgin TV or just the broadband - or if you did I missed it!
Big Scottish Al

ned1

Postby ned1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:23 pm

Sorry, missed that

I have Virgin phone and broadband....no TV, as I am happy with Freeview
and have eurosport online for motor (bike) sport, well up until now that is.

Ned

Al

Postby Al » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Ned, did you try to access site using Virgins built search engine or through google, my bookmark through talktalk is blocked this season but I can still get onto it from google, the court thing is from the FA Premier league to stop them showing live football. There is a message on the front page of site about motogp links for this year so hopefully will carry on next year.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

the smudger

Re: Moto GP & BT

Postby the smudger » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:18 pm

ned1 wrote:Can anyone tell me if I will be able to watch Moto GP etc. on any free to view channels on TV or on line without paying BT
as I have just paid Virgin for 12 months line rental, even if it's not Live

Thanks for any help
Ned :scratch:

ps I have euro sport player on line without a TV package.
pps It seems BT have the TT as well now.

Hi Ned, This worked for me.

I have BT Internet and BT TV. I cannot get BT SPORT as we have no fibre optic in the village so..

I downloaded BT SPORT app to my iPhone (to activate this you need to ask them for a code, this is where you need to be smart...) Find someone, family or friend who has BT. Get THEM to ask for a code, this will be emailed to them. Get the code from them and type it into your app when asked to do so. It worked for a friend of mine, his mum has BT, he doesn't.

This can be more beneficial if you have Apple TV, and of course you need an iPhone. If you dont have Apple TV but have an iPhone, its well worth considering as I picked up a used one for £50?

Basically, I can stream live BT SPORT through Apple TV (in HD) and its like watching it for free :D :D :D

Hope this helps?

Steve.

Return to “Geeks' Corner”