Any Fiat Owners ? Blue and Me?

Hifi, computers, cameras etc; gadgets and general chat about any other interesting hobbies you have.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Any Fiat Owners ? Blue and Me?

Postby boxerscott » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:10 pm

just a speculative punt to see if anyone has first hand experience of fiats own blue tooth connectivity system?
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Merecat

Postby Merecat » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:09 pm

Yes. Once had the misfortune to own a 500 with blue and me. IIRC it would connect to IOS ok but there was limited connectivity with android.
Mick

2001 R1100s Frost Blue

Its not going the fastest,

Its stopping the quickest

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:58 pm

Merecat wrote:Yes. Once had the misfortune to own a 500 with blue and me. IIRC it would connect to IOS ok but there was limited connectivity with android.
Yep that is what everyone is saying, I have opted not to get the fiat branded tom tom gps and am going down the path of a suitable i phone to use as a navigator. Blue and me functions fully with the windows operating system, (I hope) definitely not renewing my vodaphone contract so will wait till next spring before I get a suitable windows phone(the one with the largest screen)

We would not want a fiat 500 either even in Abarth form, after test driving one we found it would not be suitable for us, but as a girlie city car it seems to sell well. We drove the twin cylinder turbo one.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

Merecat

Postby Merecat » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:34 pm

boxerscott wrote:We would not want a fiat 500 either even in Abarth form, after test driving one we found it would not be suitable for us, but as a girlie city car it seems to sell well. We drove the twin cylinder turbo one.

We (SWMBO) had the 500 sport with the 1.4 100BHP engine. It was noisey, rattled like a bag of spanners, had the suspension of a go-cart and so got through rear shock mountings like they had gone out of fashon. and with the fancy wide tyres it could be out turned by the USS Nimitz. To top it all it wasn't that quick!
Not one of my favourite cars.
Remembering back to the
bluetooth. The phone was fully functunal using an Android phone, but it wouldn't read TXT messages and would not allow bluetooth music streaming.
Mick

2001 R1100s Frost Blue

Its not going the fastest,

Its stopping the quickest

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:28 pm

Seems conclusive with a lot of the negative comments people are posting about the 500, but we are liking the idea of the new Panda 4x4 cross. We should be getting a demo one for a couple of days shortly.

Chris
Fiat Panda.

KenG

Postby KenG » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:34 pm

i had a 500 1.4 sport and sold my punto 1.4 GP sport last december,, blue & me worked great with either ios or android. it was the 500 fuel gauge and my right foot was the problem. more gallons to miles.

got a new citigo sport nearly a year now. 72mpg.

and just picked up my new transit custom trend last friday, lovin it. has ford sync and seems to be the ticket on my current motorola android.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:43 pm

KenG wrote:i had a 500 1.4 sport and sold my punto 1.4 GP sport last december,, blue & me worked great with either ios or android. it was the 500 fuel gauge and my right foot was the problem. more gallons to miles.

got a new citigo sport nearly a year now. 72mpg.

and just picked up my new transit custom trend last friday, lovin it. has ford sync and seems to be the ticket on my current motorola android.
Custom, also handy to accommodate your bike when needs must :)
Fiat Panda.

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Now looking at a Snooper Pro sc5700 EU. Seems good value for money for all the functions it provides. I particularly like the on board DVR. Anybody got one?

http://shop.snooperdirect.com/product2540186.html
Fiat Panda.

Return to “Geeks' Corner”