Adjustable Paralever strut and tings

Area for traders to advertise.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Thu May 28, 2015 8:06 am

Sorry MB,

put it down to senility !!!

Our regular powder coater has a Blue that looks just right - I saw the finish last month on some shop fittings [!!]

I have to go in this week to collect some parts for the project bikes - I'll ask the question. :lol:
"if at first you don't succeed - you've already been a failure once"

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Thu May 28, 2015 8:10 am

On the valve cover covers - moulds completed now. We'll weigh matt / materials and get a costing and then post up prices.

HOWEVER ........... does anyone have a handle on the BCR fixing mounts for these items ?

We would prefer to be able to offer peeps all the relevant parts for a simple fit on part.

metropolis2k

Postby metropolis2k » Thu May 28, 2015 9:10 am

These are the part numbers. I've got a few spares directly from BMW before.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpar ... Id=11_3564

11127680077 (screw with bush)
11147675699 (nut)
2000 BMW R1150GS
2004 BMW R1100SS Boxer Cup Replica
2003 Yamaha R6 (trackday bike)

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Thu May 28, 2015 10:48 am

Perhaps Carbon-effect wrap would look okay, or that newfangled technology of "dipping" ?

Al
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Thu May 28, 2015 12:56 pm

metropolis2k wrote:These are the part numbers. I've got a few spares directly from BMW before.

11147675699 (nut)

Thanx for the headsup - I've come up with a solution that will be cost effective, but would require the studs being exchanged.

Al, initially we plan to supply in plain GRP ....... after that it starts to get expensive as we can't do it in house. CF dip process would be worth investigating ??

Thanx for all your feedback - appreciated.

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:22 am

So the RAMSTRUT [ adjustable Paralever strut ] is now completed - initially we're going with the natural machined finish [ see pix ] but we'll look at alternative finishes if required - Clear hard anodised [ as the RAMSHOX ], Black texture. Obviously with such a bespoke low volume item, multiple finish options are not financially viable if we want to keep the costings low.

BTW - pic on the bench is the Mk3 prototype - before the knurling was added to the design [ now standard ].

Spec.

Aircraft spec alloy main body with machined alloy yoke [ RH thread ] and alloy "Rose" joint[ LH thread ]. Left and right hand thread fittings allow for simple in-situ adjustment via the knurled section of the rod and lock nuts.

All nuts, bolts etc. supplied with kit.

Range of adjustment is from 360mm - 385mm + allowing for stock, GS or your own choice length.

The price for the item as pictured is £165.00 - + your domestic taxes [ VAT, MVS, etc. ] and is ex. works.

Peeps in Canada / US / non EU countries do NOT pay our VAT [ 20% ] - what a bargain. We regularly ship RAMSHOX and other items Worldwide. Payment accepted via Card or PP.

10% discount to Boxertrix members. Trade discount available for bulk supply.

Coming soon - all the GRP pieces already mentioned [ productionised ] and Hi-Po heat resistant silicone 8mm plug lead sets - a derivation of our successful K100 / K1100 race and road sets. Black or Red £35.00 per lead [ + taxes / carriage ]

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:13 pm

Not exactly David Bailey - good job we're better at engineering than taking pix :oops: - but you get the idea.

New fixing nuts bolts etc supplied. :lol:

Image[/img]

bfisher

Postby bfisher » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:48 pm

TJ,

Although you probably have the contacts, you might want to check out http://www.tightenup.co.uk/ for bolts & nuts etc.. ask for Tony & tell him brad sent you.. they do fixings / bolts etc for trade but i just got a bunch of bolts to replace the worn ones on the r1100 - ps i still want that instrument panel when you find the airbox lid ; )

beachcomber wrote:
metropolis2k wrote:These are the part numbers. I've got a few spares directly from BMW before.

11147675699 (nut)

Thanx for the headsup - I've come up with a solution that will be cost effective, but would require the studs being exchanged.

Al, initially we plan to supply in plain GRP ....... after that it starts to get expensive as we can't do it in house. CF dip process would be worth investigating ??

Thanx for all your feedback - appreciated.

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:46 am

bfisher wrote:TJ,

Although you probably have the contacts, you might want to check out http://www.tightenup.co.uk/ for bolts & nuts etc.. ask for Tony & tell him brad sent you.. they do fixings / bolts etc for trade but i just got a bunch of bolts to replace the worn ones on the r1100 - ps i still want that instrument panel when you find the airbox lid ; )

beachcomber wrote:

11147675699 (nut)

Thanx for the info. We've been using our current supplier for almost 25 years now - small family concern. Never the less - will check these out.

:oops: :oops: STILL can't locate the air filter ass'y ! One has definitely been thrown out as the bloke who dismantled the bike destroyed the box rather than undoing all the fixings [ no longer with us BTW ].

As soon as ..... honest, has you name on it.

Dash - also has your name on it, do you want me to send that anyway ?

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:44 am

Nuts / Bolts etc. finalised [ stainless ].

First units out to happy campers. :lol:

Return to “Trade Section”