Exchange 10mm offset Telelever.

Area for traders to advertise.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:24 am

nacnud wrote::bounce: Hi beachcomber.

If anyone is in the Leeds area or BM Mob that go to Krackhole & is thinking of having the Life changing mod done but is un sure tell them to get in touch & they can have a go on mine :shock:

All i will require is their License [ so know ware they live ] a huge chunk of cash/ their Motown Records and anything else i can get my hands on :lol:

I fitted the Ramstrut & HT leads-Red, and today fitted my reconditioned throttle bodies only to have the cables fall apart :? well i knew i was having problems balancing them. I should have the bike back on the road next week, But i am deadly serious, or is that just deadly :P

Why thank you kindly for your words of praise - cheque in the post ! :wink:

I must say that when we bought the first Oilhead 3 years ago [ R1100S ] I very nearly sold it on after the first ride !

Brought back memories [ not pleasant ] of my Guzzi Sport 1100FI and Centuaro. BOTH exhibited the same symptoms as the 1100S - electronically inspired low speed eratic engine, big holes off idle - and that lazy steering !! Coincidentally the fixes were the same - which is why we came to the current set up with the S and others ! Swap the electronics, free flow cone air filters, and de-cat crossover exhaust - and hey presto - a bike you actually WANTED to ride !

We've converted [ sold kits and fitted ] 12 now and ALL the feedback has been positive - ney, glowing and experiences are as you have described - "life changing". OK - in a BMW riding sort of way - but everyone is as chuffed as you with the mods. Did I mention the RAMSHOX BTW ?? :lol:
"if at first you don't succeed - you've already been a failure once"

nacnud

Postby nacnud » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:39 am

I have never been down the conventional route of just move on to another bike/job or anything. Suppose that's why i am playing with the S at a time i can afford to :? .
Oh and the realization of this thing called the interwobble and forums have meant that , for me, the changes to the bike are quite radical and quick,
I always had a love hate relationship with the BM, push the button and you can visit friends in Austria :D it just kept on taking the abuse that my Triton just couldn't :( 31 years of blow up & rebuild better, until the next time !

Just received my invitation to the Morini Riders track day 7th July and am looking for a spandy set of black hoops to hopefully surprise a couple of friends and me :boxing:
Triton 750cc,Nourish 8 valve. 31 Years of blow ups and counting.
Ducati 750cc, White frame.

LOTS of SMILES & MILES

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:13 am

nacnud wrote:I have never been down the conventional route of just move on to another bike/job or anything. Suppose that's why i am playing with the S at a time i can afford to :? .
Oh and the realization of this thing called the interwobble and forums have meant that , for me, the changes to the bike are quite radical and quick,
I always had a love hate relationship with the BM, push the button and you can visit friends in Austria :D it just kept on taking the abuse that my Triton just couldn't :( 31 years of blow up & rebuild better, until the next time !

Just received my invitation to the Morini Riders track day 7th July and am looking for a spandy set of black hoops to hopefully surprise a couple of friends and me :boxing:

I know what you mean about only dead fish follow the stream ............

I've never subscribed to the "let's all be different together" club, and the Oilhead has given me the same pleasure of being able to tinker - on a budget.

And to me it's a Red rag to a bull when peeps say - "you can't do THAT" - or "Why that".

Sure my pal AC has the means to turn my ravings into reality, but he's like me in my outlook.

I hope the mods you have made [ and no doubt will make ] make your relationship with your bike a pleasure for many years to come.

Here's one we made earlier .................................................

nacnud

Postby nacnud » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:03 pm

OH BABY :salute: after i stopped licking the screen the old grey matter kicked in, and i have to ask, is the belly pan one of yours ? [ in house ]
unfortunately i have a lot of leafy / flakey not very well looked after paint to hide :oops:
Triton 750cc,Nourish 8 valve. 31 Years of blow ups and counting.

Ducati 750cc, White frame.

LOTS of SMILES & MILES

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:05 pm

yep - I was pretty chuffed too :lol: - our first effort with the Oilhead - wanted to be different [ there we go again ] but NOT in the same way that the majority of German "specials" follow. :roll:

I could not understand why currently available belly pans a. couldn't be used with centre stand and b. didn't come with any fitments or even a clue !!!!!

So - we designed this one to take care of both those issues.Units come with no cooling holes, but with reelvant fixings. Finished in gel coat Black - as from the mould [ for painting ] or polished.

WE cut the holes / slots - for cooling and also the BS factor !!!

Now then, wait until next Autumn when the 1200ST Turbo special is built !!!

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:58 am

I think you need to get that to Garmisch for the BMW Motorrad days
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:53 am

Thanx DTG ............. Garmisch has long been on my "to do" list ! 8)

Anyroadup - back to the RAMLEVERS.

First batch all sold now and we're finalising fabrication of the next batch.

The "kit" will now include the bracket for the steering damper [ not required on exchange units ] AND the 4 new bearings for the engine attachment - all at the same price.

BTW - RAMSTRUTS are now being manufactured with an additional 10mm adjustment + and - to allow LOWERING of seat height if required.

bfisher

Postby bfisher » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:05 pm

Hey TJ,

You've gone all quiet of late.

Are you still producing these little items? Assume prices are still the same with exchange?

B

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:37 am

Apologies for non comms recently ................... serious health issue coming to a bit of a head. Final assessment [ hopefully positive ] in 3 week's time.

Yes, ALL the RAM products are still available - including the RAMLEVER.

AC tells me he has 3 on the shelf from the second batch made, and he's currently rounding up more OEM units for non exchange sales.

info@realmengineering.com will get you all the current info - tell Adrian that TJ sent you.

Please note corrected contact .........info@realmengineering.com.

victorlaszlo

Postby victorlaszlo » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:50 am

beachcomber wrote:
I could not understand why currently available belly pans a. couldn't be used with centre stand and b. didn't come with any fitments or even a clue !!!!!

Do you sell the fitting kits only, and do they fit a standard BCR pan...?

Cheers Vic

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:58 pm

victorlaszlo wrote:
beachcomber wrote:

Do you sell the fitting kits only, and do they fit a standard BCR pan...?

Cheers Vic

Sorry Vic they're designed specifically for the RAM belly pan

bfisher

Postby bfisher » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:15 pm

beachcomber wrote:Apologies for non comms recently ................... serious health issue coming to a bit of a head. Final assessment [ hopefully positive ] in 3 week's time.

TJ, hope all is OK & all the best over coming weeks.. I'm likely to think about this seriously over winter once i have bike back on road...

Brad

Neil178

Postby Neil178 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:20 pm

Yes indeed TJ, best wishes to you.

K1W1 BCR

Postby K1W1 BCR » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:14 am

Greetings Beachcomber from New Zealand, from a new joiner with 3 R1100Ss. I am very interested in the shortened lever; I have noted the shipping info about the US and have a fair idea of what that equate to NZ, no problem there. Can you give me an update on availability? I'm also curious if you have any thoughts about putting one on my 2004 Gen 2 Boxer Cup Replica, which of course has the shorter torque arm and slightly shorter wheelbase already. And would I love to pick your brains on the pod air filter! I'm sorry if I have missed these points being covered earlier, if they have been. Thanks, Chris
beachcomber wrote:Thanx DTG ............. Garmisch has long been on my "to do" list ! 8)

Anyroadup - back to the RAMLEVERS.

First batch all sold now and we're finalising fabrication of the next batch.

The "kit" will now include the bracket for the steering damper [ not required on exchange units ] AND the 4 new bearings for the engine attachment - all at the same price.

BTW - RAMSTRUTS are now being manufactured with an additional 10mm adjustment + and - to allow LOWERING of seat height if required.

This Priceless Ballet

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:09 am

Hi Kiwi,

The next batch of RAMLEVERS is awaiting the release of our master welder from hospital where he's currently residing having come off second best in an argument with a tree !!! Car not motorcycle.

No problems, we are having another batch of 10 made as soon as he's fit - 4 already pre-sold.

NZ is not a problem for our courriers - we have a pretty good deal with them and we only charge out what we pay.

The ultimate set up now is the RAMLEVER together with the RAMSTRUT. This setup gives you the adjustability to fine tune without raising the back of the bike - unless you want to of course ! :lol:

The RAMLEVER works fine with BCR spec strut.

As for the pod filter - we suggest you look at the RAMCHIP [ Dobek racing TFI unit ] together with pods.

Return to “Trade Section”