Exchange 10mm offset Telelever.

Area for traders to advertise.

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

beachcomber

Exchange 10mm offset Telelever.

Postby beachcomber » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:35 pm

Here's the P.O.C. unit. Consequently trialled and jigs manufactured.

Not sure what finish to offer ? Satin Black? Matt textured Black [ as front "frame " ].

Shown here in raw form to show production quality.

"if at first you don't succeed - you've already been a failure once"

DPG

Postby DPG » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:09 am

Looks Good!

How does that stack up weight-wise? Same as the OEM one?
R1250GS
R1100S BCR
KTM RC8R 12R.
2006 HD Streetglide.
Claas Arion 180
MF 135
MF 350
1943 Ford 2N Funk Flathead Conversion

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:11 am

DPG wrote:Looks Good!

Thanx for the kind words................. the finished item looks good - first one Black texture finish, but final price will be dependant on finish as these will not be mass produced ! I'm hoping for some feedback from peeps.

This is the factory O.E.M. exchange - which is the same weight.

The adjustable unit we're developing WILL be lighter [ tubular steel ] - no point guessing but I suspect about 20% - 30% lighter [ there .. I DID guess :wink: ]

Malj

Telelever

Postby Malj » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:41 pm

beachcomber wrote:
DPG wrote:Looks Good!

Thanx for the kind words................. the finished item looks good - first one Black texture finish, but final price will be dependant on finish as these will not be mass produced ! I'm hoping for some feedback from peeps.

This is the factory O.E.M. exchange - which is the same weight.

The adjustable unit we're developing WILL be lighter [ tubular steel ] - no point guessing but I suspect about 20% - 30% lighter [ there .. I DID guess :wink: ]

Just put a post up in the tech section looking for somthing like this for my 98 r1100s, trying to sharpen up the steering but also to lower the front a bit.

Could you please keep me updated re availability, cost etc

Cheers mal
Mal

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:56 pm

No probs - I've replied to your other post. :lol:

Ready for procuction now - jigs made - just a question of finish that will determine the price. 8)

Malj

Colour

Postby Malj » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:05 pm

beachcomber wrote:No probs - I've replied to your other post. :lol:

Ready for procuction now - jigs made - just a question of finish that will determine the price. 8)

Satin black sounds good.
Mal

R-man

Postby R-man » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:08 am

Achey hands and hips have led me to consider the life of my S to be short, hence spend no more than basic maintenance...but I really like the idea of lighter steering whilst retaining the stability.

I have a spare Telelever arm in the loft, and would opt for satin black.

What sort of money for an arm by postal exchange, please?
R1100S current
K1200RS (2005-07) Autobahn-stormer
V-Strom (2004-05)
VFR800 (2003-04)
-in the 70s & 80s there were lots more...

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:47 am

R-man wrote:Achey hands and hips have led me to consider the life of my S to be short, hence spend no more than basic maintenance...but I really like the idea of lighter steering whilst retaining the stability.

I have a spare Telelever arm in the loft, and would opt for satin black.

What sort of money for an arm by postal exchange, please?

We're having all the units vapour blasted at the moment to check for cracks / defects.

Initially finish will be sprayed Satin Black and the retail will be £145 + carriage.

Less 10% discount for inmates hereabouts = £130 + £9.95 carriage.

Paypal works OK.

Units for exchange should be bare - ie no bearings / nuts, bolts etc.

Turnaround approx 7 days as the vapour blast is not done in house.

Workshops are in WR11 7QB [ Honeybourne ] for anyone who wants to drop off / collect.

Currently these are available on exchange only.

I can now confirm the findings of others more able - this TRANSFORMS the bike ! And still allows shorthouses like me to reach the ground :wink: - win - win.

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:38 pm

-10mm Telelever conversions now in full flow - 6 sold to date and ALL feedbacks have been very positive - makes you wonder why BMW didn't opt for that !!

Initially two finishes - as is and Satin Black. Still on exchange for now until we can build up a stock of cores.

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:58 am

RAM just secured a job lot of 38 [ !! ] Telelevers to build up and off the shelf service.

10 units already modded - exchange or outright.

Ignore any previous info - ALL units will come media blasted and painted ready to fit.

beachcomber

UNSOLICITED TESTIMONIALS ETC

Postby beachcomber » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:24 am

This is the sort of feedback we're getting on these units - nothing like customer seat of the pants feedback ..............

Hi TJ

At last i have managed to get out on the BM & give it a blast, i did think about setting the paralever at standard and then thought its not as easy to adjust as the Ramstrut so lets just see how she handles as a short wheel base.
WOW i am stunned, it feels as if the bike has lost 20lbs and is soooo responsive, the ride over pot holes is greatly improved and is easier to hustle through tight twisty lanes and filtering through traffic, I covered about 70 miles mainly on B roads and ended up wondering how long i can keep hold of my license ?
The mod to the telelever coupled with the goodies from Lennie in Australia have basically got life back into the old girl,

Only one problem is that i am still on tip toes but i have one hell of a smile on my face.
Many Thanks from a happy customer
Duncan

v.t.

PM and Email sent

Postby v.t. » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:46 pm

beachcomber wrote:RAM just secured a job lot of 38 [ !! ] Telelevers to build up and off the shelf service.

Ignore any previous info - ALL units will come media blasted and painted ready to fit.

If shipping is not to much I would be interested in a shortened telelever shipped to the U.S.
Email and PM sent

beachcomber

Re: PM and Email sent

Postby beachcomber » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:08 am

v.t. wrote:
beachcomber wrote:RAM just secured a job lot of 38 [ !! ] Telelevers to build up and off the shelf service.

If shipping is not to much I would be interested in a shortened telelever shipped to the U.S.
Email and PM sent

PM sent ......................

For other US peeps - I'll get some general carriage charges. We already send shox to the US on a regular basis and have a pretty good deal going with our carriers [ approx 7 days ].

Good news is that carriage from UK to US is cheaper than vice-versa - AND you do NOT pay our 20% VAT [ tax ]. You might [ 70% of customers have NOT ] attract your domestic import duties.

Obviously there is the matter of exchange, which due to aforementioned US > UK carriage charges will probably make that out of the question. We do have a small stock of OEM Telelevers available - core charges apply.

At the present moment we have 3 modified units left on the shelf from the original batch of 10, and we'll be making another batch as soon as we get more cores.

beachcomber

Postby beachcomber » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:33 am

Here are the carriage details for the US [ NOT "remote" destination ]

Carriage door to door is £30.

ALL of our modified Telelevers will have bracket for steering dampener - either OEM or RAM modified.

The core charge for non-exchange is £75.

A Telelever bearing set [ 2 x bearings ] is available [ engine housing ] for £25 if purchased at the same time as the Telelever.

Currently there are TWO units on the shelf ready for despatch and we are in the process of collecting cores for a new batch.

nacnud

Postby nacnud » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:37 pm

:bounce: Hi beachcomber.

If anyone is in the Leeds area or BM Mob that go to Krackhole & is thinking of having the Life changing mod done but is un sure tell them to get in touch & they can have a go on mine :shock:

All i will require is their License [ so know ware they live ] a huge chunk of cash/ their Motown Records and anything else i can get my hands on :lol:

I fitted the Ramstrut & HT leads-Red, and today fitted my reconditioned throttle bodies only to have the cables fall apart :? well i knew i was having problems balancing them. I should have the bike back on the road next week, But i am deadly serious, or is that just deadly :P
Triton 750cc,Nourish 8 valve. 31 Years of blow ups and counting.
Ducati 750cc, White frame.

LOTS of SMILES & MILES

Return to “Trade Section”