no more live moto GP racing if you dont have B.T

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Postby slparry » Sun May 12, 2013 11:12 am

Out here in the sticks on top of a Welsh mountain such things as fibre aren't a possibility :)

But then unlike the south east I have empty roads and few people :) I'll take that over fast adsl any day :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Bikerhoss

Postby Bikerhoss » Sun May 12, 2013 11:46 am

slparry wrote:Out here in the sticks on top of a Welsh mountain such things as fibre aren't a possibility :)

But then unlike the south east I have empty roads and few people :) I'll take that over fast adsl any day :)

+1, Same here for me, I have one option, BT, which runs at the heady speed of .25mb/s, Watching videos/tv online isn't an option unless you have a day or two to download it :(

I've signed up for BT Sport HD, which as I'm a broadband customer, I'm getting free, So you're welcome to nip round mine for the live bradcast, just bring lots of beer and nibbles :lol: :lol:
Blame the Deed, Not the Breed
Traitor Z1000SX Owner

slparry

Postby slparry » Sun May 12, 2013 11:48 am

Bikerhoss wrote:
slparry wrote:Out here in the sticks on top of a Welsh mountain such things as fibre aren't a possibility :)

+1, Same here for me, I have one option, BT, which runs at the heady speed of .25mb/s, Watching videos/tv online isn't an option unless you have a day or two to download it :(

I've signed up for BT Sport HD, which as I'm a broadband customer, I'm getting free, So you're welcome to nip round mine for the live bradcast, just bring lots of beer and nibbles :lol: :lol:

actually being fair to BT they recently upgraded me to infinity, I'm on the very edge of it's range here and can get 10mb down and 1mb up now :) ... oh and 'cos it was below 16mb there was no price increase .... cool
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Harry Lime

Postby Harry Lime » Sun May 12, 2013 12:00 pm

Boxered wrote:
slparry wrote:To be honest I sort of lost interest in MotoGP sometime in the late 80's I find British and World superbikes much more interesting nowadays.

<dons rose coloured specs> Schwantz, Gardner, Mamola, Rainey, Lawson, Roberts, Sheene etc etc .... those were the days :)

Oh yes . but would add my favourite all time racer Steve Baker (no 32)

Steve

Assume you guys have been watching the Unridables on ITV4 then? Story of the 500cc 2 stroke era.

Episode 1 available on ITV4 player, I think episode 2 (Doohan onwards) is this Wednesday.

(Sorry if this has been posted before)

H.
Harry Lime

slparry

Postby slparry » Sun May 12, 2013 12:07 pm

no missed that .... although in my defence I tend to shy away from the ITV channels as they're infested with some of the worst celebrity dross. Ta for the heads up I'll go and have a look
--
Steve Parry

f90x

Postby f90x » Sun May 12, 2013 3:23 pm

A very good point, however even though I live in London, I generally only ride in the South Bucks, Oxon and Gloucestershire areas. It would be nice to step out of my front door and have it in front of me though. You're lucky to be where you are.

Daveg2812

Postby Daveg2812 » Sun May 12, 2013 4:28 pm

slparry wrote:
Now if you want a bunch of muppets deal with TalkTalk. Absolutely hopeless.

Now, I know they get a right slagging from all and sundry, but I've been with Tiscali/TalkTalk for years, and I've never had to contact them about anything, it always just works. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones. (Thread hijack :oops: )
This ain't Twitter you know!

2003 R1100S with some bits on.

Return to “Boxerbanter”