Footrest lowering R1100s 02

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Sherrif

Footrest lowering R1100s 02

Postby Sherrif » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:25 pm

Well the Motorworks kit to be fitted on Tuesday hope I can notice the difference.
Knees not to bad but don't want to wait to late and not enjoy the bike.
Anyone had this's done, bars are on top as supplied new
Growing old is compulsory
Growing up is not

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:58 am

Did this with the bars over the top of the Yokes but I also then needed a taller screen then it was great
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Al

Postby Al » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:12 pm

Have you considered a bike change, after struggling with aching knees I fitted the Wunderlich lowering kit, which gave up to 40mm movement and raised the bars above the yokes, tried to convince myself it was better and then tried and bought a GS, problem fixed.
As much as I enjoyed the 1100 over the 10 years I owned it, I wish I had changed 2-3 years earlier, I have done 4 thousand miles since july, more than the last 2 years on the 1100, that alone proves it was the right decision for me.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:19 am

Al wrote:Have you considered a bike change, after struggling with aching knees I fitted the Wunderlich lowering kit, which gave up to 40mm movement and raised the bars above the yokes, tried to convince myself it was better and then tried and bought a GS, problem fixed.
As much as I enjoyed the 1100 over the 10 years I owned it, I wish I had changed 2-3 years earlier, I have done 4 thousand miles since july, more than the last 2 years on the 1100, that alone proves it was the right decision for me.

Al.

Thanks Al ,

And I've done 2000 plus miles on your old 1100 since august !!!

Without the foot peg lowering kit and the bars back down again ....
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

Sherrif

Postby Sherrif » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:14 am

Pegs lowered did a hundred mile round trip to see if ok.
Seems to have done the trick (touch wood)
As only 18 stone and 6 foot 2 inch 67yo I was shocked that I had to adjust the bike :shock:
Once sat on a R6 nearly got wedged in the bloody thing 😂
Growing old is compulsory

Growing up is not

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:01 am

Sherrif wrote:Pegs lowered did a hundred mile round trip to see if ok.
Seems to have done the trick (touch wood)
As only 18 stone and 6 foot 2 inch 67yo I was shocked that I had to adjust the bike :shock:
Once sat on a R6 nearly got wedged in the bloody thing 😂

The main thing always .

You gotta feel comfortable to enjoy riding .

So , no compromise on getting comfortable to continue enjoying riding .
Old man ... now .

Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

Al

Postby Al » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:33 pm

Glad its getting used Gerry, enjoy the red one in the Spanish autumn sun, Pleased the lowering kit worked for you Sherrif, sadly not for me, and my knees are younger than yours.

Al.
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Suzuki VanVan 125

Bryn

Postby Bryn » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:45 pm

GerryB wrote:
Al wrote:Have you considered a bike change, after struggling with aching knees I fitted the Wunderlich lowering kit, which gave up to 40mm movement and raised the bars above the yokes, tried to convince myself it was better and then tried and bought a GS, problem fixed.

Al.

Thanks Al ,

Not picking my ( new to me) 1100S up until Saturday, but eagerly reading threads like this....and as I'm 5'9" with a hobbit like 29" inside leg I'm hoping footpeg lowering kits won't be on my 'to do' list :D

Pete.

Postby Pete. » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:13 pm

Bryn wrote:
GerryB wrote:

Al.

Thanks Al ,

Not picking my ( new to me) 1100S up until Saturday, but eagerly reading threads like this....and as I'm 5'9" with a hobbit like 29" inside leg I'm hoping footpeg lowering kits won't be on my 'to do' list :D

You might look around for a low seat. IIRC they come in three heights.

Bryn

Postby Bryn » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:29 pm

Thanks Pete..I have a 130 mile ride home from picking it up..I'll know whether I'll need one by then :shock:

Saying that I've just sold my Super Tenere and I founf the seat on 'high' suited me [smilie=biker.gif]

Al

Postby Al » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:27 pm

You should be fine Bryn, my knee issues with the 1100 were caused by injuries and subsequent surgery and a bit of arthritis and getting older thrown in as well :( . Didn`t know that 1100 seats came in different heights though.

Al.
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Suzuki VanVan 125

Bryn

Postby Bryn » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:35 am

Al wrote:You should be fine Bryn, my knee issues with the 1100 were caused by injuries and subsequent surgery and a bit of arthritis and getting older thrown in as well :( . Didn`t know that 1100 seats came in different heights though.

Al.

:occasion5:

Return to “Boxerbanter”