"Is it Spring Yet?"

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Paul, slparry, Gromit

User avatar England
Al

Re: "Is it Spring Yet?"

Postby Al » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:44 am

That’s a harsh punishment Gerry, is there no legal route, you can’t be the only one affected?

Al.
Shiny Silver/Grey BMW R1200GS
Blue Yamaha XT660X
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster.
Swift Motorhome.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als)

Great Britain
boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:25 am

GerryB wrote:
Al wrote: Retirements a bitch :D

Al.

Ha ha ha .....

Enjoy Al !

The SA govt. ensured that I don't get my private pension that I paid a big whack into for 35 years .. We won't go back to live there.
Punishment for emigrating .... :evil:

So, my retirement in sunny Spain is ... Cleaning Swimming pools, Garden work , house maintenance,
[/quote]

I`ve been thinking on those lines but my missus may have put a damper on my enthusiasm (again) she reckons i would need to have a six pack, be hung like a donkey so as to get the money clients of my ambitions. Sadly she says I should stick to fitting Garry Glitters and servicing Old Boilers..Doh!

Chris
I am the Village Green Preservation Society. God Bless Strawberry Jam and all it`s variety.

User avatar Great Britain
BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:46 am

boxerscott wrote:
So, my retirement in sunny Spain is ... Cleaning Swimming pools, Garden work , house maintenance,

I`ve been thinking on those lines but my missus may have put a damper on my enthusiasm (again) she reckons i would need to have a six pack, be hung like a donkey so as to get the money clients of my ambitions. Sadly she says I should stick to fitting Garry Glitters and servicing Old Boilers..Doh!

Chris[/quote]

:lol: You make me laugh Chris :wink:
I thought I saw light at the end of the tunnel, but it was just some bastard with a torch bringing more work !

Neil178

Postby Neil178 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:26 pm

That’s a shocker Gerry. I’m guessing you have already thought about returning just to kick start the pension, then high tail it again? I have no clue about the rules in SA but denying you what is your legal entitlement to is so wrong.

User avatar Spain
GerryB

Postby GerryB » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:53 am

Neil178 wrote:That’s a shocker Gerry. I’m guessing you have already thought about returning just to kick start the pension, then high tail it again? I have no clue about the rules in SA but denying you what is your legal entitlement to is so wrong.

Yes Neil, I have . If I return as a full resident for longer than 19 months continuously , I can claim 5% per year , of what I should have been getting, sadly , the way the costs there have spiralled up wards, in direct opposition to the standard of everything else, I couldn't live on that.

If I had still my own house, mortgage free, i could have possibly eked out a living .

No, I don't trust the govt, so I'll rather take my chances here in Spain .

Besides its way safer here .

Remember I was a Policeman , when I left SA in 2005 , I had a price on my head ....
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

User avatar Great Britain
BoxerCup R

Postby BoxerCup R » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:04 am

GerryB wrote:
Neil178 wrote:
No, I don't trust the govt, so I'll rather take my chances here in Spain .

Besides its way safer here .

Remember I was a Policeman , when I left SA in 2005 , I had a price on my head ....

:shock:
I thought I saw light at the end of the tunnel, but it was just some bastard with a torch bringing more work !

Return to “Boxerbanter”