Crass Stupidity!

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Grip Fast

Crass Stupidity!

Postby Grip Fast » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:10 pm

My bikes are off the road for the duration. We need this pandemic brought under control so lives can be saved, the NHS doesn't get overwhelmed, and some new normality (whatever that might be) can be achieved. The message has been very clear. At least, to me it has.

Biking organisations have said to stay at home, and do not go out our bikes, especially not for fun. Yet all day today, we've heard sports bikes blasting along the main road that bypasses our village in north Bucks. And comments on a local bike group Facebook, which has recommended members don't ride, are reporting hearing the same.

What's going on? Who are these selfish idiots? What if they have an off? They'll be tying up medical personnel who should be looking after those suffering the worst effects of COVID-19, and those personnel will already be stretched to the limit. Bloody idiots!

And there is a threat today from the Health Secretary that the lockdown will be tightened up if we don't all start behaving responsibly.

dave the german

Re: Crass Stupidity!

Postby dave the german » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:41 pm

The lockdown needs tightening so the idiotic minority don't affect the sensible majority. As I commented earlier I'm one of the fortunate ones who is still working and I will be using the bike to commute although I'm very aware of the consequences of an off so I'll be being careful (as I usually am)
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

slparry

Postby slparry » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:50 pm

… and this is the mindset of the sports bike riders.... they're not motorcyclists …… they're not bikers … they're rockape adrenalin junkies who once they have the braincells to discover another fix will leave bikes.

Core motorcyclists are, in my experience, good, intelligent people … that lot … the ones who come bragging into my showroom off "130 MPH controlled drifts" are wankspangles……. especially as by their MoT/service certs they do less than 2000 miles per annum!

One of the reasons I enjoy being part of this forum is it's bereft of the chest puffing exhibited elsewhere.
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:29 pm

slparry wrote:… and this is the mindset of the sports bike riders.... they're not motorcyclists …… they're not bikers … they're rockape adrenalin junkies who once they have the braincells to discover another fix will leave bikes.

Core motorcyclists are, in my experience, good, intelligent people … that lot … the ones who come bragging into my showroom off "130 MPH controlled drifts" are wankspangles……. especially as by their MoT/service certs they do less than 2000 miles per annum!

One of the reasons I enjoy being part of this forum is it's bereft of the chest puffing exhibited elsewhere.
yeh but Steve you'd be happy to sell the Ballistic s1000 rr:s to em? And what about Scotlands CMO flying in the face of all her own advice. This thing ain't even, it never will be. Shit travels down Money travels up. None of us are perfect. Jus sayin.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

slparry

Postby slparry » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:36 pm

boxerscott wrote:
slparry wrote:… and this is the mindset of the sports bike riders.... they're not motorcyclists …… they're not bikers … they're rockape adrenalin junkies who once they have the braincells to discover another fix will leave bikes.

yeh but Steve you'd be happy to sell the Ballistic s1000 rr:s to em? And what about Scotlands CMO flying in the face of all her own advice. This thing ain't even, it never will be. Shit travels down Money travels up. None of us are perfect. Jus sayin.

actually Chris I do so under duress. I've made it clear inb work that the other guy is more than welcome to have every s1000rr sale. Now don't get me wrong I'm not tarring all with the same brush but there is a minority "type" attracted to the RR. No loyalty to the brand, or biking, just willy wagglers. The ones who squeal 4000 miles on a 2017 bike is too high...…. sums them up. The same ones that my little F800GS, with knobblies, runs rings around every spring
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:45 am

Plenty of riders of all types - out on the roads, although perhaps the Supersport/superbike riders are the less mature of the entire fraternity.
(and I say that, as I think a higher prevelance of them are younger with less commitments in life)

They forensically examine what has been told to them - and latch on to whatever constituent part, gives them the 'justification'.............. :evil:

"The CMO led with the word 'advice' " (so it isn't compulsory)
"It's still social distancing"
"I'm not touching anyone"
"I'm classing it as my excercise"
"Yeah, but it'll be okay if I just do it"

I get the same from typical offshore "bears" - Can't read a permit, but can disect an instruction and find a useful 'loophole'.

The same message goes out to both groups:

"FCUK OFF YOU INBRED RETARD - YOU KNEW THE INTENT" :twisted:

That about covers it, I think

Al
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:53 am

I was getting my fresh air this weekend by opening the windows of our flat... Repeatedly heard the sound of sports bikes being caned down a local dual carriageway. Not good...

BTW, a massive thanks to Steve for adding the word "wankspangle" to our collective vocabulary. I don't know how I have managed all of these years without it!
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:06 am

Maybe keep the volume low (or earbuds in) in the presence of grandparents and children................

Absolute QUALITY :lol:

https://youtu.be/_mRHuQDjVvM

See if that works .....

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:54 am

Paul wrote:
BTW, a massive thanks to Steve for adding the word "wankspangle" to our collective vocabulary. I don't know how I have managed all of these years without it!

A commonly-used noun in the military for many years, and an extremely useful one too. Can be lengthened to...

'W*nkspangling thunderc*nt'. :)

gingergeezer

Postby gingergeezer » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:32 pm

Boxerscott, in what sense is this thing 'not even'? This thing appears to be not exactly selective, hitting young, old, rich, poor. The idiot Scottish Chief Medical Officer has rightly lost her job. Even The Blonde Spaffer is laid up in hospital. Was there ever a more entitled posh kid in Number 10?

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:41 pm

gingergeezer wrote:Boxerscott, in what sense is this thing 'not even'? This thing appears to be not exactly selective, hitting young, old, rich, poor. The idiot Scottish Chief Medical Officer has rightly lost her job. Even The Blonde Spaffer is laid up in hospital. Was there ever a more entitled posh kid in Number 10?

If that's not rhetorical............... David (just call me Dave) Cameron :D

See if that works .....

SP250

Postby SP250 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:15 pm

Gingergeezer

Yes, but of a different colour, but clearly a Wankspangle in No 10, with a privileged upbringing was Anthony Charles Lynton Blair (just call me Tony).
John M

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:31 pm

[quote="gingergeezer"]Boxerscott, in what sense is this thing 'not even'? This thing appears to be not exactly selective, hitting young, old, rich, poor. The idiot Scottish Chief Medical Officer has rightly lost her job. Even The Blonde Spaffer is laid up in hospital. Was there ever a more entitled posh kid in Number 10?[/quote

I do not think for one minute Dr Calderwood is an idiot. My sympathies also go out to anyone in intensive care regardless of the colour of their hair.

Chris

Edit. The uneven thing. The cost of the "Cure" will be more than that of the Disease.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

slparry

Postby slparry » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:24 am

Paul wrote:I was getting my fresh air this weekend by opening the windows of our flat... Repeatedly heard the sound of sports bikes being caned down a local dual carriageway. Not good...

LOL … you're welcome … it's my go to word for "a person of dubious driving/riding/common sense" :)
--
Steve Parry

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:05 pm

boxerscott wrote:
I do not think for one minute Dr Calderwood is an idiot. My sympathies also go out to anyone in intensive care regardless of the colour of their hair.

Chris

FFS! If you were sitting pretty on £170K/yr, with other benefits - You’d run every decision by Amanda, you’d be that fearful of bolloxing it.

Calderwood was/is an idiot.

See if that works .....

Return to “Boxerbanter”