What is "Fast Bikes" beef with the R1200S?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:22 am

If you keep responding to him, he will keep coming back at you with more quotes/misquotes since periodically he has more time than most of us put together. If you like the sport keep carrying on - if you don't, stop replying. From my memories of the Pelican he can keep rambling for a long, long, long...................................................................................................................long time
Lloyd

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you ride fast.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak.

Paul
Wanna buy a sticker mister?

Postby Paul » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:28 am

Guys,

Am I the only one getting uncomfortable about the vitriol used in the replies to BMW-Fahrer? The guy is entitled to an opinion just as much as everyone else. If you don't agree with him, that's fine, you're allowed not to. Let's play nice though.

One of the strong points of this site (in my humble opinion) is that it is not normally a hotbed for flaming posts between members. Let's keep it that way.

Don't make me send someone to the naughty step... :roll:

Paul
You really need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

Harry

Postby Harry » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:41 am

On the other hand mate, when all the ire is caused by one bad apple, perhaps its time for the mods to kick him off the board.

This is not just differences in opion (we've always had that thanks to winger :D ), this is attitude. Not ever since the Yahoo days have I seen one person cause so much bile. Do we have to put up with it?

boxerpan

Postby boxerpan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:24 am

Paul wrote:Guys,

Paul

If it's comfier than the cold tile floor I'm building kitchen units on at the moment, I'll take it :lol:
Lloyd

It's not how fast you ride, it's how you ride fast.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear

bright until you hear them speak.

Ade B

Postby Ade B » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:45 pm

Lloyd, deepest sympathy - I have got the base units in, ply turned up today to line the walls for the high level units....

then there's cutting in all the sockets... and making the blanking bits for all of the irritating gaps between the non-ikea appliances and units.. throwing the units together takes 5 seconds, its all the jiggery pokery getting it to fit around existing services and allegedly standard appliances.....

Chip board (+ ikea) is the devil.... :evil:

Ade :roll:
2000 R1100S Sport
1980 Vespa P125X

gus

Postby gus » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:02 pm

Paul wrote:Guys,

Am I the only one getting uncomfortable about the vitriol used in the replies to BMW-Fahrer? The guy is entitled to an opinion just as much as everyone else. If you don't agree with him, that's fine, you're allowed not to. Let's play nice though.

One of the strong points of this site (in my humble opinion) is that it is not normally a hotbed for flaming posts between members. Let's keep it that way.

Paul

Hi paul
Chris is very thick skinned ,obviously!He also has a good sense of humour and a good sense of irony!Which is no mean feat for a german/american, is it chris? :lol:
Good banter keeps the board alive, especially through the winter months.
I think all has been taken in good humour by most. ?

gus

winger

Postby winger » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:07 pm

Paul

You are right,everyone has an opinion and thank heavens we live in a world were we can express it,BUT when you've done it and everyone knows what you think,there comes a time when frankly it's got nothing to do with personnel opinion,on a basic level i'd call it just plain rude,there are people on this board with 1200s's and are very happy with them why should they have to tollerate some lunatic who doesn't know were to draw the line,the Pelican guys got fed up with it,why can't we.

BMW-Fahrer

Postby BMW-Fahrer » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:42 pm

I can't quote excactly what Ben Miller said in Bike as McKanzie said in t.w.o. but Miller said it is a sport-tourer like the VFR or Sprint ST,a nicer one at that and no 999 but they tried to make it into one by leaving all the sport-touring options off which is a shame...As trout said it stere otherwise dead-cert customers away.
A lot of them as slow sales show...
Gus,thanks for the flowers... :wink:
Hope BMW turns the R1200S into a R1100S successor one day.It took em a year to find the panniers maybe in another year they find the other stuff in the parts-bin that made the R1100S such a attractive and useful sportsbike... :?: :!:
Stoney,you should get stoned more often,takes the edge off...RELAX!
Lie I said as a sports bike a fish in the sea of sharks,as a sports tourer the shark in a sea of fish.
With VFR,Sprint ST and ST3 getting stale,R1100RS and R1100S riders still waiting for a replacement the R1200S could have been selling like those GS-Panzers...with a slghtly longer options list... :wink:
Until then,the R1100S we'll do just fine!

Harry

Postby Harry » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:57 am

:sleepy1: :sleepy1: :sleepy1: :sleepy1: :sleepy1: :sleepy1: :sleepy1: :sleepy1: :sleepy1:

snavetrauts

Postby snavetrauts » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:09 pm

I moved over from Fast Bikes, when all they could write (word used very loosely) about was the Ducati 916.... Just about the time Superbike introduced "Riders Wives" Larvely!!??
.......~ ~
....-(@ @)-
ooO-(__)-Ooo

Ride due west to the sunset, turn left at the Rocky Mountains. (Jeremiah Johnson)

R1100S 2003. The Fast Colour. G650 Xchallenge 2008. F650CS Black 2003 SWMBO

Taz

Never Ending

Postby Taz » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:02 pm

Say I'm sad ("Your'e Sad!!!) but I quite enjoy the banter for all the different emoticons that people are finding. :wave:

Day off today and fitted new hugger courtesy of Sandbar - wonderful product. Very happy not to be grappling with kitchen units.

Wife in France, kids in school, beer in fridge - does it get any better?
Taz

R1250RS

So when is this 'Old enough to know better' supposed to kick in?

gripperod

Postby gripperod » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:48 pm

[/quote]Wife in France, kids in school, beer in fridge - does it get any better[quote]

:lol:

2nd edit

This is what happens when I try to be funny, first I tried a witty response to the "does it get any better?" (kids in fridge, etc etc ) but when it posted it didnt look quite so funny :oops: but then I couldnt work out how delete it :oops: and to edit it I needed to leave some text so it then didnt make any sense at all :oops: and then I couldnt get the Quotes to work :oops: so now Im having to admit my buffoonery in front of the whole board :oops:

Please pass directly to the next message :lol:
THE FASTER SILVER AND WHITE VERSION !

snavetrauts

Postby snavetrauts » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:29 pm

Gripperod...... it is the thought that counts..... we could all do with a bit of fun, even buffoonery
.......~ ~

....-(@ @)-

ooO-(__)-Ooo

Ride due west to the sunset, turn left at the Rocky Mountains. (Jeremiah Johnson)

R1100S 2003. The Fast Colour. G650 Xchallenge 2008. F650CS Black 2003 SWMBO

gus

Re: Never Ending

Postby gus » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:02 pm

Taz wrote:Say I'm sad ("Your'e Sad!!!) but I quite enjoy the banter for all the different emoticons that people are finding. :wave:

Day off today and fitted new hugger courtesy of Sandbar - wonderful product. Very happy not to be grappling with kitchen units.

Wife in France, kids in school, beer in fridge - does it get any better?

Do you have a HOT looking au-pair :?:

Gus :lol:

PBBoxer

Postby PBBoxer » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:09 pm

That's it!
I'm selling the 1200s, as it's obviously a sh**e bike.

I better go and buy a proper sportbike, so I can keep up with the other proper sportsbikes.

Can I go to the naughty step please?
1997 CBR1100XXV
1999 CBR1100XX
2009 HP2 Sport
2006 R1200s
2013 R1200RT anniversary

Return to “Boxerbanter”