White van man .....

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

White van man .....

Postby slparry » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:16 pm

Decided, as it's not raining, to use the BoxerCup this morning to ride to work rather than the workhorse F650.

All was great, then filtering in traffic some numpty white van man decides not to use his mirrors before executung a U turn when I was at the side of him, and of course he's also deaf to the sports exhaust on the 'Cup ...grrrrrrr

... thankfully my "spidersense" had tingled moments before and was ready for the twonk, clipped his mirror with my 'bar end and gave him the universal "I'm unimpressed with the standard of your driving" hand signal before riding around him and carrying on my way :)

Oh and all this outside the local traveller site (which I strongly feel the van was from and heading back to) ... it's not a place you'd want to leave a post accident bike ....
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

damoace

Postby damoace » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:38 pm

Pikey in a Transit?

It's entirely likely that he 'had' used his mirrors and was aiming for you.
Years ago, I had a mate who did'nt quite manage to avoid a "Traveller/Van assassination attempt". Inside five minutes, half of his site/family had arrived to "offer thier assistance". We left sharply as I doubted there was much to be gained by swapping insurance details.. :)
R1200GS - 'El Bastardo' - The Exploder.
R1100S BCR - 'Flashart the Misguided Missile'.
KTM 990SMT- 'Scratch' - Hoonery Assured.

www.bmrider.com - The cobbled part of the information superhighway.

Boxermed69

Postby Boxermed69 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:07 pm

Ah yes, our Caravan Utilising Nomadic Traveller friends... :)
Horizontally opposed, vertically challenged...

Return to “Boxerbanter”