first little ride

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

meds8964

first little ride

Postby meds8964 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:53 pm

Well took the old girl out for my first maiden run this evenin and WOW what a pleasure. i was expecting a horrible ride having riden.my brothers boxercup. however i was pleasently suprised to say the least. firstly me feet could sit flat on the floor and the custom seat was very comfy and not slippy. also the bars sitting on top of the yolk made a massive differance to me noback pain and felt upright as my old bandit. i only done about 25 miles but i had a grin as wide as the mersey and cudnt stop smilling. mike the previous owner has it runnin like a finely tuned swiss watch so cheers fella. there was a bit of crunchin through the gears but sure ill get used to it. i did struggle with the indicator cancel switch. feels in odd place but maybe thats me. on the whole im pleased as punch and think this is the start of a beautiful relationship.
IF YOU THINK IM UGLY YOU WANNA SEE MY BROTHERS

Mike B

Postby Mike B » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:49 am

It has tons of low and mid range grunt don't you think?

Having never ridden another BMW to compare it with, I could only tell by my seat on my pants dyno

Every mod I made was to increase my riding pleasure, and it seems you like the way it's set up too.

I forgot to mention, although you have probably spotted it by now. Up near the handlebars/wiring/brake lines is the connector for the trickle charger. And
I also forgot to tell you. I changed the fuel filter only about 1000 miles ago, but it should be written in the book that you got with it.

Happy motorcycling!
There are only two things in life that are "Priceless"
Time & Health
Everything else can be bought or stolen.

meds8964

Postby meds8964 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:46 pm

its set up great foe me mike and yep enjoying it imenseley, i seen the cable up front and was wandering what that was for so cheers for that, theres also one under the seat??? is that another one????? have you decided onwhat your doing with h2?? what was the other bikes that fella offered you??

Mike B

Postby Mike B » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:48 pm

The socket near the seat is a power socket, for anything you want.
There are only two things in life that are "Priceless"

Time & Health

Everything else can be bought or stolen.

meds8964

Postby meds8964 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:56 pm

Ok cheers mike

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:44 pm

Meds pleased you love the bike - just one thing, if you weren't expecting a good ride, why did you buy it lol? seriously I love my BCR to bits and can't see me ever selling. I just think they are a thing of beauty and I think you have got a bargain with that
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

meds8964

Postby meds8964 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:24 am

I wasnt expecting a good ride as been on my brothers boxer cup and just found it a real uncomfortable ride. maybe because suspension higher handlebars lower and slippier seat. this bike just set up nice for me. spoke to a few people who initially hated ride of there boxer but stuck with it n then loved it

Return to “Boxerbanter”