no more live moto GP racing if you dont have B.T

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

ianbcr

no more live moto GP racing if you dont have B.T

Postby ianbcr » Sat May 11, 2013 12:06 pm

so dorna has sold all the rights off to B.T,not even euro sport can show live moto 3 & 2 after the 2013 season. :evil:
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport ... o-bt-deal/
forgot to add euro sport can still show live wsb and bsb until 2015.
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

eyore

Postby eyore » Sat May 11, 2013 12:34 pm

Money grabbers,no thoughts for the wider audience who can go and take a running jump. :evil: Do they actually care about the potential damage to Moto GP :?:
2009 Triumph Speed Triple
2006 Aprilia Tuono RSVR

Me-109

Postby Me-109 » Sat May 11, 2013 1:55 pm

I bet they are hoping that now the racing has picked up that the audience will want to shell out for pay-per-view or subscribe to MotoGP. Personally I reckon the audience will shrink again.
Ex-11S owner; now SV-S owner.

Where's me heated grips gone?

Al

Postby Al » Sat May 11, 2013 2:16 pm

If you are already a BT customer it is apparently very cheap to upgrade but if not then its going to cost, definitely not good for the sport in long run as will affect sponsors etc if less people are seeing thier brand names whizzing round, probably be available on the internet somewhere, you can watch most sports live if you dig around a bit.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

cornishflat

Postby cornishflat » Sat May 11, 2013 5:20 pm

My Sky contract is up soon so I may have to do some thinking / research before I jump. Moto GP is one of my passions, wonder who BT will bring on board for the commentary, quite like Julian Ryder and Toby Moodie. Wonder what BT will charge for a sport package that would cover Moto GP and football?
kernow,the last bit

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Sat May 11, 2013 5:26 pm

Is GP still to be shown on Eurosport, not live but same day? Or is BT the only choice?

slparry

Postby slparry » Sat May 11, 2013 5:29 pm

To be honest I sort of lost interest in MotoGP sometime in the late 80's I find British and World superbikes much more interesting nowadays.

<dons rose coloured specs> Schwantz, Gardner, Mamola, Rainey, Lawson, Roberts, Sheene etc etc .... those were the days :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Al

Postby Al » Sat May 11, 2013 8:12 pm

Tend to agree Steve, but hoping Marquez will make this year a bit more entertaining.

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Sun May 12, 2013 12:02 am

slparry wrote:To be honest I sort of lost interest in MotoGP sometime in the late 80's I find British and World superbikes much more interesting nowadays.

<dons rose coloured specs> Schwantz, Gardner, Mamola, Rainey, Lawson, Roberts, Sheene etc etc .... those were the days :)

Oh yes . but would add my favourite all time racer Steve Baker (no 32)

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

el-nicko
Location: Nick from HEREFORDSHIRE, The Oceanian province of Airstrip One.

Postby el-nicko » Sun May 12, 2013 1:11 am

slparry wrote:To be honest I sort of lost interest in MotoGP sometime in the late 80's I find British and World superbikes much more interesting nowadays.

<dons> Schwantz, Gardner, Mamola, Rainey, Lawson, Roberts, Sheene etc etc .... those were the days :)

Too true. Same here mate.

Mr. Spock is my role model so be advised; I possess no (discernible) sense of humour.

It's all VFR (DCT) round here now. STILL missing my 1100s tho.

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Sun May 12, 2013 1:40 am

I really loved Moto GP until a couple of years ago. then the grid got even smaller and they're struggling (IMO) and I cannot get excited about it at the moment. I always tried to do 1 GP a year but just not bothered now. Tend to agree that WSB and BSB are better to watch. I've just got a BT You View box but if I have to pay to watch GP I think that's going to be one programme I will give a miss
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

Bender

Postby Bender » Sun May 12, 2013 9:11 am

I've only ever heard bad things about BT internet, and they have proved totally inept at even maintaining a land line at my house over the past 6 months.

Why anyone would sign up with them for broadband and cable is beyond me.

If Dorna don't want me (and millions of others) to watch the racing and therefore the sponsors logos on the bikes on Freeview that's fine.

Dorna will be raking it in, but once the sponsors who keep the teams afloat twig that far fewer people are watching they will put their money elsewhere, the teams will struggle and the sport will collapse.

I predict it will be free to watch again by 2016.
2011 Harley-Davidson FLD Switchback - yeah, I know. I've always wanted one though...

slparry

Postby slparry » Sun May 12, 2013 9:50 am

Bender wrote:I've only ever heard bad things about BT internet, and they have proved totally inept at even maintaining a land line at my house over the past 6 months.

Why anyone would sign up with them for broadband and cable is beyond me.

If Dorna don't want me (and millions of others) to watch the racing and therefore the sponsors logos on the bikes on Freeview that's fine.

Dorna will be raking it in, but once the sponsors who keep the teams afloat twig that far fewer people are watching they will put their money elsewhere, the teams will struggle and the sport will collapse.

I predict it will be free to watch again by 2016.

I've been with BT home and business for years, my phone is with BT home and the broadband runs over that line but is provided by BTbusiness. To be fair they've been very good. Sure there's been a couple of issues but nothing major.

In my previous role we used BT Nordics to provide global MPLS network services to the company I worked for and we had monthly SLA meetings and again it was rare to have anything major as an issue.

Now if you want a bunch of muppets deal with TalkTalk. Absolutely hopeless.

My biggest reason for staying with BT is everything pretty much runs over their network so if you're with another service provider you end up as piggy in the middle while BT will point fingers at your ISP and your ISP will blame BT. If you're with BT then that can't occur so it's one less hassle. Oh and part of the reason I chose to keep my broadband on BT business (even though it's more expensive than home broadband) is twofold, one business broadband has a 20:1 contention ration where home broadband is 50:1, the other is BT Business support is UK based where BT home is off in Bangalore and I just cannot stand dealing with Indian customer support droids :) ... oh and they respond quicker to faults on a business line :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

slparry

Postby slparry » Sun May 12, 2013 9:52 am

Boxered wrote:

Oh yes . but would add my favourite all time racer Steve Baker (no 32)

Steve

... and Johnny Cecotto too :)
--
Steve Parry

f90x

Postby f90x » Sun May 12, 2013 10:45 am

Virgin. 50meg fibre/phone line and Tivo hard drive. It's the way forward. I've been falling asleep during the Moto GP the last couple of years.

Return to “Boxerbanter”