Bike insurance

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

cornishflat

Bike insurance

Postby cornishflat » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:05 pm

The yearly insurance drudge is once again on me. I will be looking to insure 2 bike the 1100s and R80 bobber. They both have mods, the R80 having the most. Does anyone have any recommends, a lot of insurers are getting twitchy regarding mods and should the worst happen I,d like to think I,d get a pay out.
Bennetts have a multi bike scheme or scam online where a lot of mods are ok, then when I got to the "your quote" bit they ask me to call them as they can,t quote. To save going through that again with A.N.OTHER does anyone have any tips advice.....cheers guys.
Bry
kernow,the last bit

ned1

Postby ned1 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:34 pm

You will still have to ring but you could try
http://www.carolenash.com/bike-insuranc ... torcycles/

Hope it helps
Ned :wink:
Yesterday R1100S 03, today K1300s sport
Ride like they are all out to kill you and you will live to ride another day............Ned 2008

cornishflat

Postby cornishflat » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:40 pm

Thanks Ned, I,ll add them to my very short list.
kernow,the last bit

Dai wiskers

Postby Dai wiskers » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:42 am

Mine are both with Carol Nash not the cheapest but both bike's covered with recovery so worth it
A warning the recovery if you have one bike insured you can have three call outs per annum i forgot to ask if i can have six call outs with two bikes insured
Might be worth asking about that
My bike shines when it rains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dyslexic Dai

Steptoe
http://www.gsshop.biz/

Dan Cata
http://boxer-upgrades.webs.com/

Lennie
http://www.boxer-performance.com/index.html

Stu

Postby Stu » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:36 am

Hi Try CIA 08448888323 they were ok with lots of mods on my bandit which Bennetts and Carole Nash either wouldn't quote for were double the price.

cornishflat

Postby cornishflat » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:36 pm

Well Carol Nash came up trumps. Great price, with breakdown included and all mods to both bikes declared, well pleased. :D
Thanks
kernow,the last bit

Hayden

Postby Hayden » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:50 am

Nice to know that when you do need them, Carole Nash come up trumps..

After my little Faux pas in Wales, CN picked up the bike ( and me) transported me home and the bike for evaluation. Bike was written off, but to my suprise the settlement figure they offered me was in fact very generous.

The chap I spoke to had spent the morning researching costs for that year of bike, as in how much to buy one in the same condition, history/mileage etc, everything from Ebay to MCN to Biketrader etc, they then came up with what they thought was a realistic figure based on facts rather than just opinion.

Everything was sorted out quickly and without fuss, even seemed bothered about my health/injuries...

Were all quick to `have a go` at insurance companies, if seems like alot of money for nothing, which fingers crossed it is :? , its only when something happens you find out how good, or bad they are.

Credit where its due, Carole Nash, in this instance were bloody good, good choice Cornish.. :thumbup:

cornishflat

Postby cornishflat » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:13 pm

Hayden wrote:Nice to know that when you do need them, Carole Nash come up trumps..

After my little Faux pas in Wales, CN picked up the bike ( and me) transported me home and the bike for evaluation. Bike was written off, but to my suprise the settlement figure they offered me was in fact very generous.

The chap I spoke to had spent the morning researching costs for that year of bike, as in how much to buy one in the same condition, history/mileage etc, everything from Ebay to MCN to Biketrader etc, they then came up with what they thought was a realistic figure based on facts rather than just opinion.

Everything was sorted out quickly and without fuss, even seemed bothered about my health/injuries...

Were all quick to `have a go` at insurance companies, if seems like alot of money for nothing, which fingers crossed it is :? , its only when something happens you find out how good, or bad they are.

Credit where its due, Carole Nash, in this instance were bloody good, good choice Cornish.. :thumbup:

Thanks Hayden, reassurance is never a bad thing. Great to see C.N. performed so well in your hour of need.
kernow,the last bit

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:39 am

Insured the car in June and for the second time I shopped around - saved half the price - and I got a stuffed toy (only another 5 to collect!!). Tried the same with the bike and 2/3 cheaper but by the time I added what was "standard" with Carole Nash, it worked out about the same. Staying with Auntie Carole. I've heard good things about their service and Hayden's experience seems to back this up
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

bikemad99

Postby bikemad99 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:43 am

Just done the 1200st with Swintons,£68.Aint it good being old!!!!
2000 BMW R1100s
1964 Royal Enfield 250cc Crusader
2012 Mazda Mx5 2.0ltr Kuro.
2004 Roller Team Granduca 171.
1992 Jaguar 4ltr Sovereign.
2018 Volvo t3 v40 Cross Country.
Reg & Gwen.

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:11 pm

You could try Cornwell Insurance Services (CIS). They are brokers who used to be in Redruth but in Camborne now I think. We have used them for years - used to know the owner well when it was Planned Insurance.

Quote for my R1200S this year (about a week ago) was £183 fully comp with about 3k of mods - WP shocks, rear sets, exhaust etc etc. It was less than last year by a lot.

Not sure if that's good or bad but they helped a long time ago with a car claim and saw me okay so I stick with them.

Ask for Graham, he is biker as well. (I hope he still works there, I just renew each year as it seem reasonable and I know the extras are covered!)

01209 217 940

Topcat

Postby Topcat » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:38 pm

Sorry, I see you are already sorted, late as usual
:oops:

cornishflat

Postby cornishflat » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:53 pm

Topcat wrote:Sorry, I see you are already sorted, late as usual
:oops:

No sweat. Its another for the future or someone else.
kernow,the last bit

Dai wiskers

Postby Dai wiskers » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:40 pm

Did i mention you get smart water type stuff to mark your bike with
Called Carol Nash DNA
The recovery is with the AA so pretty good unless your in mid or north Wales when you break down
My bike shines when it rains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dyslexic Dai

Steptoe

http://www.gsshop.biz/

Dan Cata

http://boxer-upgrades.webs.com/

Lennie

http://www.boxer-performance.com/index.html

Return to “Boxerbanter”