Buying kit

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Postby slparry » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:28 am

SP250 wrote:J & S at Delamere in Cheshire near Northwich. http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk
Since I found all my Dainese kit started leaking and wearing out last year, I have completely re-kitted myself from head to foot from them.
Good service and I believe the largest clothing / accessories showroom in the UK - but don't quote me on that one.
There is also a decent cafe and large car park too.

Just don't make any jokes with the eye candy cafe staff ;) ... it tends to go all "tumbleweed" :)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:22 am

slparry wrote:
SP250 wrote:J & S at Delamere in Cheshire near Northwich. http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk
Since I found all my Dainese kit started leaking and wearing out last year, I have completely re-kitted myself from head to foot from them.
Good service and I believe the largest clothing / accessories showroom in the UK - but don't quote me on that one.

Just don't make any jokes with the eye candy cafe staff ;) ... it tends to go all "tumbleweed" :)

Probably they don't find "nice pair o buns" very funny. :oops: :D

And "have you got donuts like fanny's" is so out of date, they wouldn't have a clue. :D

Corvus

Postby Corvus » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:26 am

.....which reminds me of an old joke. They wouldn't get this either, but you could substitute names very easily.

What's the difference between a cross country run and fanny craddock?

One's a pant in the country.

sherpatensing

Postby sherpatensing » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:52 pm

Probably the wrong thread, but after several years of using a Halvarsson safety jacket and the appropriate 'over jacket', I got fed up with soaked sleeves/cuffs so went and spent a large amount of money on a Dainese jacket. Waterproof, Goretex etc. First time riding in any significant rain, it leaks. To say I'm pissed off is an understatement. I'm now using my 25 year old Spada with minimum protective qualities and even less weather protection, whilst the Dainese goes back for 'testing'.
Anyone know of a jacket that works?

SP250

Postby SP250 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:01 pm

My Dainese jacket was dry and warm for about 12 years till it leaked in Scotland's 50mph horizontal rain last year.

Replacement Rukka seems to be ok so far, but it's still got 11 years to go to beat the Dainese kit.
John M

andy griff

Postby andy griff » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:10 pm

Sherpa,

I had the same experience with a pair of Dainese all singing and dancing trousers. Got a replacement pair which seem ok so far (18 months).

My BMW Streetguard jacket is brilliant but cost a bomb ( similar to Rukka) so it damn well should be.

sherpatensing

Postby sherpatensing » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:44 pm

Thanks for the comments. I now need to get something else, any recommendations?
I returned the Dainese to BikeStop in Stevenage and they were quick to resolve the situation and I got a full refund.

Return to “Boxerbanter”