Tired old legs

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Aladin1

Tired old legs

Postby Aladin1 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:30 pm

I'm sure this will have been asked before but I can't find a link. My old knees can't take being cramped up for longer than an hour with the standard foot pegs on my R1100S. I need to lower them. Any recommendations?

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Al

Postby Al » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:24 pm

On a more serious note, I have fitted a kit from wunderlich, uses original pegs and drops them 13 or 40mm along with putting bars above top yoke makes quite a bit of difference, you will probably need new brake lines as well if you raise the bars, about £160 for both.
http://wunderlich.sportouring.net/BMW-R ... ario--1674

Al.
White/red BMW R1200R Sport
Shiny Red Honda Civic
Shiny Silver MR2 vvti Roadster. Going to be sold
White Peugeot Boxer Camper Conversion.
Battle scarred Suzuki Burgman 125,(Mrs Als) going to be sold
Suzuki VanVan 125

Aladin1

Postby Aladin1 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:02 am

I already have a Shackleton high chair for the wife in the sidecar on my flying brick.

Al....thanks for your suggestions you have confirmed my line of thinking. I bought some bar riser adapters from Suburban Machinery (which were a lot of money for a couple of small aluminium blocks), but I wasn't sure whether to go for the adjustable pegs that offer rotational adjustment as well as lowering. Just probing about for opinions.

Alan

Aladin1

Bike now gone!

Postby Aladin1 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:05 pm

Decided to get me a GS instead of lowering pegs and raising bars (expensive solution), so the 1100S has gone. If anyone is interested I now have new bar risers spare (selling at £60) and a Booster Plug I fitted but only did another 200 miles using it (selling at £60).

Alan

Return to “Boxerbanter”