New Boxer twins until at least 2021

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Henners

New Boxer twins until at least 2021

Postby Henners » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:03 pm

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:36 am

Thanks for sharing the link - will be keen to see what the manufacturers come up with to meet these new demands.

Henners

Postby Henners » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:37 am

Gromit wrote:Thanks for sharing the link - will be keen to see what the manufacturers come up with to meet these new demands.

Exactly ~ they face a reasonable engineering challenge. What it also says to me is that the following Boxer twins enjoys is seen to be enduring.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:11 pm

Henners wrote:
Exactly ~ they face a reasonable engineering challenge. What it also says to me is that the following Boxer twins enjoys is seen to be enduring.

Absolutely - I remember some years ago (more than I care to think about!) when the K's were first introduced in 1983?* folk were telling of the death-knell for the Boxer motor. Of course that could never happen and BMW swiftly re-tooled/re-introduced the old bikes' format.

Not that I'll ever buy another one, but I do wonder what H-D will do? Their bikes don't exactly punt out much power as standard anyway, but with ever-stricter emissions regs one wonders how they'll manage it.

*Sorry can't remember exact year. :oops:

Return to “Boxerbanter”