Devitt insurance brokers

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

SP250

Devitt insurance brokers

Postby SP250 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:33 pm

Warning
Renewed my policy when I bought the R1200S from Andy Griff to cover two bikes (R1100S as well).
They asked for extra information - proof of no clams and a copy of my driving licence.
As my insurance had already been with them last year, I phoned to say they already had the info and they insisted they still needed my licence. So I emailed a copy off and they agreed they had the NCB info already.
I get back from being away over the August bank holiday to find they have canceled my insurance and back dated that to before I went to Scotland on the 12S in the middle of August and will only refund £64 from a total premium of £190 for all of 2 weeks cover!
Not pleased is being polite.
Phone back up and play holy hell and get the charges reduced if I buy a new policy so it "only" costs me £44 in charges not £130.
So my years cover is now £234 for both bikes instead of £190.
Not only that, but they have requested the same information NCB and Licence again!!!!!
Morons (being polite again).
Ring up again and insist upon a letter stating that they already have the info just to cover my a**e.
Moral of the tale - don't buy on price, buy on quality of service and claims handling track record.
John M

Boxered
Route Master

Postby Boxered » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:42 pm

John, I have a deep seated loathing of the insurance industry, charlatans the lot of 'em :x

You could try airing your complaint via their Twitter and Faceache feeds
http://www.devittinsurance.com/

They often respond very quickly to social meeja

Steve
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

andy griff

Postby andy griff » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:59 pm

John,

Thanks for the heads up - what a pain.

slparry

Re: Devitt insurance brokers

Postby slparry » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:02 pm

SP250 wrote:Warning
Renewed my policy when I bought the R1200S from Andy Griff to cover two bikes (R1100S as well).
They asked for extra information - proof of no clams and a copy of my driving licence.
As my insurance had already been with them last year, I phoned to say they already had the info and they insisted they still needed my licence. So I emailed a copy off and they agreed they had the NCB info already.
I get back from being away over the August bank holiday to find they have canceled my insurance and back dated that to before I went to Scotland on the 12S in the middle of August and will only refund £64 from a total premium of £190 for all of 2 weeks cover!
Not pleased is being polite.
Phone back up and play holy hell and get the charges reduced if I buy a new policy so it "only" costs me £44 in charges not £130.
So my years cover is now £234 for both bikes instead of £190.
Not only that, but they have requested the same information NCB and Licence again!!!!!
Morons (being polite again).
Ring up again and insist upon a letter stating that they already have the info just to cover my a**e.
Moral of the tale - don't buy on price, buy on quality of service and claims handling track record.

Bastards, personally at this point mate I'd be speaking with the insurance ombudsman as they obviously behaved appallingly.

Hang on, does this means we were riding with an uninsured criminal in Scotland ;)
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

slparry

Postby slparry » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:27 pm

PS John, did you know Devitt provide BMW UK Insurance?

https://bmwmc.devittsecurequotes.co.uk/ ... quote.page
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

SP250

Postby SP250 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:22 pm

Yes I did Steve and I used to have the BM insurance till I found out by going direct to Devitt it was quite a bit cheaper.
Cutting out the BMW middle man profit I guess.

No I wasn't uninsured on our Scottish trip. They cancelled it afterwards, but backdated the date till before the trip.
I gave up at that point as I would have got more sense from the wallpaper in my office.

Trouble is for a 4 bike multi policy they are way cheaper than any of my other quotes.
John M

er-minio

Postby er-minio » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:09 am

slparry wrote:PS John, did you know Devitt provide BMW UK Insurance?

https://bmwmc.devittsecurequotes.co.uk/ ... quote.page

Yes they do.
I'm insured with them.

I had some disagreements with them as well.
R1150R '03 (in pieces)
R1200GS '07 Adv
HP2 Sport '11
[I'm the biggest limit on my bike]

SP250

Postby SP250 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:12 am

Postscript

Devitt have now asked me again for the same licence information after sending me a confirmation letter to say they already had it and I didn't need to provide it.

Doesn't fill me with any confidence that a claim would be dealt with professionally.
John M

hobbit

Postby hobbit » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:58 am

Devitts also used to do Post office insurance, few years ago spoke to same person 3 times when ringing Devotes, BMW and Post office.

Return to “Boxerbanter”