Textile trousers for short a**e

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

Malj

Textile trousers for short a**e

Postby Malj » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:24 pm

High folks, I've always worn leather race jeans whilst touring, but alas starting to feel the cold so I am thinking about getting some textiles, looking for somthing I can drop out the lining on a nice day and have some knee and possibly hip armour, although there are plenty on the market most are not made for 34/36" waist and a 28" inside leg.
I've been thinking of the HG Crafty STX jeans which can be adjusted for length and some made by weise which just seam to be sold as Extra short textile trousers(eBay) with a 27/28" inside leg. Anyone have any experience of these brands or other makes that may suit, don't want to spend a fortune but around 150 max.
Mal

wicker

Postby wicker » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:30 pm

Bmw do short leg lengths in some of their textile suits. Check their size charts for sizes 26 to 28 and you may find a good fit.

Occasionally see people selling these BMW sizes on e-bay. At least with textiles you can always freshen them up int he washing machine with some Nikwax goretex cleaner.

Blackal

Postby Blackal » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:40 pm

If you find that the knee armour doesn't sit right - you can always go for the stocking-type (used with jeans etc) and leave out the in-built armour.

To be honest, the stocking-type will stay in place better than the built-in type if you happen to end up on the tarmac.

Al
If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....
:?

slparry

Postby slparry » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:25 pm

wicker wrote:Bmw do short leg lengths in some of their textile suits. Check their size charts for sizes 26 to 28 and you may find a good fit.

Occasionally see people selling these BMW sizes on e-bay. At least with textiles you can always freshen them up int he washing machine with some Nikwax goretex cleaner.

Size chart here

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk/pdfs/BMWSizechart.pdf
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

Return to “Boxerbanter”