In Crown court tomorrow.

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

Re: In Crown court tomorrow.

Postby boxerscott » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:05 am

Sometimes I think Skeletons may be best left in cupboards. Very disturbing as are some of the comments. No winners here at all. :(
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Gromit

Postby Gromit » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:15 am

Apologies, Pete - only just read your OP. :oops:

Just wanted to re-iterate the positive comments by those in the thread, and here's hoping that this dreadful episode can be filed away, and not rear its shocking, ugly head again. A huge amount of admiration to your wife, of course - this takes real bravery to confront - and to you also for being unswervingly supportive.

GerryB

Postby GerryB » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:49 am

I sincerely hope that the British Justice system does not let down the victims as happened in SA .
Old man ... now .
Ex Off Road & Enduro Rider...

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:03 pm

It is difficult to know what to say that would be in any way meaningful. I can only wish you, and especially Mrs Milleplod, all the best for the future and hope the sentence bring closure and an end to the anguish. I agree with Steve that a good holiday seems in order.

Joe Bar

Postby Joe Bar » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:41 pm

A brave post to make, and an even braver woman to step forward after so long and make the abuser face justice. I truly hope it brings her some peace of mind and that you can all now move forward as a family and share better times.

ianbcr

Postby ianbcr » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:07 pm

Wow, don't think I have read anything like this before on a forum, So brave of you to tell the story and I hope you and your special wife can now move forward. all the best to you both. And to you Steve, Again it takes balls to speak out and I cant begin to imagine what you went through.
Your born with a certain amout of heart beats, Dont waste them on exersise. [smilie=rooster.gif]

04 boxer cup rep. Gone but not forgoten
99 tlr1000 (V twin) tricked.
Indian Roadmaster Elite
Mercedes EQC 400

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Evening all.

An update to this, at last. Back in February, he was remanded into custody without sentence, pending a retrial on one rape indictment that the first jury couldn't reach a verdict on. CPS had, in the meantime, decided to put 4 further specimen rape charges to him, each being representative of many others. The jury took only an hour to convict him of everything - he got 17 years. At 70 years old, that'll be hard time in more ways than one.

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:55 pm

What goes round comes round.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Joe Bar

Postby Joe Bar » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:12 pm

Thanks for the update, I truly hope that the verdict has brought your wife some feelings that justice has been served and that it helps bring her some closure and comfort in what must have been a terrible ordeal throughout the years as well as the case itself, that thankfully most of us never get to experience. Hopefully, you, your wife and family can now find some peace and continue to move forward with your lives. All the best.

Mitch1100

Postby Mitch1100 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:21 pm

That closure is wonderful news and good to hear of the professional kindness and support she's been given.
2009 HP2 Sport...sold
2006 R1200s with yellow rim tape
2008 Ducati Monster S4RS Tricolore..sold
2004 R1100s BoxerCup Replika..sold
2006 Subaru WRX STI S204 #318/600

tanneman

Postby tanneman » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:30 am

Result and closure.
'Let me check my concernometer.'

Return to “Boxerbanter”