Naked Fun

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

fontana

Naked Fun

Postby fontana » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:56 am

All this R NINE T talk has got me thinking about naked bikes, and the fun there is to be had from back to basics motorcycling.
Trouble is, not all of us have the financial resources to buy a new one
I certainly don't, so I got to thinking about the alternatives, and remembered these.
The R850/1100R.
I've ridden a few over the years, and IMHO it's one of the most underrated and fun bikes out there.
So if you can't afford to drop upwards of 10 grand on one but still want a naked BMW that's a lot of fun, all is not lost.
3 grand get's you a nice one of these.
They won't match the latest BMW's performance and desirability, but for the price I reckon it doesn't get much better.

dark_knight87

Re: Naked Fun

Postby dark_knight87 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:32 pm

I have an '05 R1150R, which I commute on Monday-Friday and do around 50 miles a day on. It handles Motorway, A-roads and B-roads like a charm and is unusual enough to still get the looks.

My bike doesn't have ABS so is as simple as it comes and has enough power to be fun, the only thing I don't like is it is awful to keep clean.

Regards,
Russ
It started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle and the less said about the end the better, but apart from that it was excellent.

andy griff

Postby andy griff » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:28 pm

Nice and unusual

fontana

Postby fontana » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:38 pm

dark_knight87 wrote:I have an '05 R1150R

Great bike.
I prefer the lines of the older model, but even so, naked fun doesn't get much better.
I actually prefer the 850, simply because you have to work it harder for the same results, which makes it more involving.

Return to “Boxerbanter”