What did you give up for Lent?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

boxerscott

What did you give up for Lent?

Postby boxerscott » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:38 am

Happy Easter Trixters!

I gave up been faddy with my Bike. It now has a luxurious coating of everyday shxte that occurs in Boxerscotts garage from sawdust, tile dust, gypsum and after my scorched earth policy on the grass this week, ferrous sulphate crystals. :shock:

I celebrated this festival with a Pilgrimage from Holy island to Kirk Yetholm last Saturday doing 1/2 of St Cuthberts Way. The plan was to do the other half on Sunday. The ale in the Border Hotel at Kirk Yetholm did it`s best to relax me for the next days challenge, however, on awakening at 5.30am. I bottled it. :(

Another fail.

Wish I could upload the smart phone photies I took trekking over the Lost Kingdom. The glider pilots were out playing, spring lambs, Rape seed in blossom, Roman forts, blue skies, sunshine. Northumberland= Glorious. Englands best kept secret.

Chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

milleplod

Re: What did you give up for Lent?

Postby milleplod » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:52 am

I've given up worrying about my upcoming solo trip across France to Spain on my ST. If it breaks down....it breaks down! :lol: I've also given up putting things in the topbox that 'might come in handy on the trip'. :D

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

JamesL

Postby JamesL » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:21 pm

I gave up chocolate, in support of Memsahib, who's working early on the Beach Bod.

Have utterly pigged it today and now I feel sick :roll: .

slparry

Postby slparry » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:23 pm

I continued to give up believing in sky fairies :D
--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

SP250

Postby SP250 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:05 pm

What's Lent - I understand borrow, but stopped doing that when other people forget to return my spanners.
John M

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:16 pm

JamesL wrote:I gave up chocolate, in support of Memsahib, who's working early on the Beach Bod.

Have utterly pigged it today and now I feel sick :roll: .
:D :D :D
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

tonys1100s

Postby tonys1100s » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:13 am

I gave up driving! Due to being stopped doing 145kph in an 80 zone, here in New Zealand that's an instant roadside ban of 28 days :(

madthemad

Postby madthemad » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:02 am

I've given up chocolate, biscuits and cakes for six months, not because of Lent but because I've got bad fat blood. I've been put on cholesterol tablets, I believe I'm joining millions of other people on this stuff. Oh well, at least I've always got my bike. :P
Nil Desperandum

Return to “Boxerbanter”