HP2 Sport ...... how much ?

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

kfrogzx7

HP2 Sport ...... how much ?

Postby kfrogzx7 » Sat May 06, 2017 8:25 pm

I very, very, much want an HP2 Sport, but how much are they really worth now and how much will they be worth in the future ?
Please just tell me they're rubbish, and to get over it, and to just enjoy riding my ST.
Simon.
K100rs, R1100s, R1150rs, R1200st, K1300s

fontana

Re: HP2 Sport ...... how much ?

Postby fontana » Sat May 06, 2017 8:34 pm

kfrogzx7 wrote:I very, very, much want an HP2 Sport, but how much are they really worth now and how much will they be worth in the future ?
Please just tell me they're rubbish, and to get over it, and to just enjoy riding my ST.

Well the trouble is once the seeds of desire have been planted, they just grow.
I tried to overcome my lust for the R NINE T Racer.
I kept telling myself it was uncomfortable, impractical and expensive, and that what I already have does the job better, but it was no good.
I had to have it.
As the saying goes.
Where there is a will, there is a way.

kfrogzx7

Postby kfrogzx7 » Sat May 06, 2017 8:47 pm

It's eating me up from inside, I can't concentrate on my everyday life, I toss and turn at night .... it's like love.
Unconsummated love .... I know I'll tell my wife it's damaging to my health and threatening my earning capacity !!
Simon.

Grip Fast

Postby Grip Fast » Sat May 06, 2017 8:55 pm

I felt the same about a yellow Ducati Superlight that was on fleebay just after Christmas (auction) but didn't sell (my hand hovered over the 'bid' button as the last 5 seconds ticked away). I immediately regretted it and thought about phoning the guy, but after a few weeks, he put it back on (fixed price this time), and I agonised over it until it again timed out. The price was really good.

About 10 days ago it came back on, £700 dearer, again fixed price, but different seller. I think I'm over her now...

Edit: price is back to what it was. I might be in love again... Somebody please give her a good home.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-900-SU ... Sw7U5Y9N~Q

Edit 2: it's a bit odd really, the guy is selling it because he's "too old for sports bikes at 61" but he's only just bought it (they are individually numbered so I know it's the same one). I'm 66 and not too old for sports bikes!

Sorry, I've hijacked your thread (trying to take your mind off getting an HP2)

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Sat May 06, 2017 10:27 pm

Wait for the liquid cooled version to come out and buy one new . It`s a no brainer.

:)

chris
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

Joe Bar

Postby Joe Bar » Sun May 07, 2017 8:15 am

boxerscott wrote:Wait for the liquid cooled version to come out and buy one new . It`s a no brainer. :)

chris

I don't think a water cooled one will be the same, just as a HP4 is not the same. The HP2 Sport was the last of an era before electronic rider aids became the norm. For that reason there is a purity about it, in much the same mould as the original 70's Ducati 750SS / 900SS they can show a short and direct path from the original race bike. You can even compare it with the Ferrari F40 which is so sought after and valued for the same reasons, fast, pure, no driver aids, the last of an era. Faster, better handling, easier to drive, newer, top of the range Ferrari's have been made in the past 25 years, but the F40 remains as desirable and ultra expensive as ever, un-dimmed by it's newer siblings.

The HP2's (Enduro, Megamoto and Sport) were all hand built, unique, low volume models. The HP4 is a tricked up production variant of the S1000RR, fast, competent and effective yes, but it's no HP2. I doubt any new water cooled HP2 will be hand built and done 'just because they can'. The bean counters will win and profit not purity will be the motive next time round.

Of course I could be wrong :D ..........

kfrogzx7

Postby kfrogzx7 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:10 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332209280084? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Panic over, it's now sold ...... and NOT to me !!

Still think that that wasn't such a bad price though ?
Simon.

fontana

Postby fontana » Tue May 09, 2017 5:48 pm

kfrogzx7 wrote:It's eating me up from inside, I can't concentrate on my everyday life, I toss and turn at night .... it's like love.
Unconsummated love .... I know I'll tell my wife it's damaging to my health and threatening my earning capacity !!

I watched a film last night, and thought of this thread after this quote.
I'm sure we've all had this experience on a bike
:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2O7rZTBs7w

boxerscott

Postby boxerscott » Tue May 09, 2017 10:04 pm

kfrogzx7 wrote:It's eating me up from inside, I can't concentrate on my everyday life, I toss and turn at night .... it's like love.
I can not share your experience of Unconsummated love so have no idea what you are going through. If it is eating at you then just go and buy one but be aware after doing it you may think what the fcuck was all that about when you have consummated with it :wink:

One out there with your name on it mate, do it you know it makes sense.
Fiat Panda.
Fiat Scudo (with speedblock, pipe carrier, reversing sensors, reversing camera, tow bar, some new rust and Fake Plumber logo)

started out with nothing, still have most of it left.

karlsberg

Postby karlsberg » Sun May 14, 2017 9:23 pm

I've got one. Had it from new in 2009. Other bikes have come and gone but the HP stays. Still to this day i open the garage and I smile. Absolutely love the way it looks, it rides, it sounds (full Akro). Get one you will not regret it. The values are only going one way!
"He's down the shed"

Return to “Boxerbanter”