Basecamp

Pull up a chair - let's talk Boxerbollox

Moderators: Gromit, Paul, slparry

slparry

Basecamp

Postby slparry » Wed May 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Basecamp is "ok-ish" but not particularly pleasant to use. Like many I find Google Maps a much more pleasant experience .

Been playing about with this

https://mapstogpx.com/

it allows you to create your route in googlemaps and then convert it with https://mapstogpx.com/ then open the created gpx file with Basecamp for uploading to your sat nav :D

You need to paste the link from google maps like this

--
Steve Parry

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic, '90 K1

tanneman

Re: Basecamp

Postby tanneman » Fri May 19, 2017 8:24 am

Good find.

The problem you have with Google Maps is that it recognises the closed alpine roads when are planning your summer hols thereby diverting your route.

Try TYRE. Can convert to either TomTom or Garmin files.
'Let me check my concernometer.'

milleplod

Postby milleplod » Fri May 19, 2017 8:30 am

Motogoloco is very easy to use - create a route, then send it straight to your Garmin/TomTom.

http://www.motogoloco.com/

Pete
Nocto Diuque Venamur

dave the german

Postby dave the german » Fri May 19, 2017 10:38 am

A little of track but BMWs Nav 5 is particularly good at confusing routes from the same source - Motorrad tours send the tour routes to all people on their trips to upload to the sat navs via Garmin (supposedly from the same source - can't see any reason why not) and while it seems to get people to the same destination it does vary the route. Techies from Garmin weren't aware of this and at last years Motorrad Days were sent out with 5 sat nav units to highlight the problem. I wonder if this is why the Nav 6 is out?

I don't have a problem just setting a destination - it gets me there no problem. But, I've "tested" the sat nav on routes I know and it isn't always the best route that it comes up with.

Maybe worth making this a sticky as it's coming up to the holiday season? Always worth having this info to hand
'15 R1200GS TE
'06 R1200S
'04 BCR
Yam SR 500 long term restoration
wanna win the lottery and ride my bike

The Teutonic Tangerine

Postby The Teutonic Tangerine » Fri May 19, 2017 10:46 am

TomTom Plus a laptop plus Tyre = Job done for me.
There would appear to be a surfeit of prolixity and sesquipedalian content today please do not use a big word when a singularly un-loquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity

Return to “Boxerbanter”